Chapter 11

Read, comment and enjoy.

——-

Vishva called Shravan on the phone. "Would you know where my daughter is? I can't reach her," Vishva says. "Sir, it's after office hours. I wouldn't know where she is," Shravan says. "I am not trying to set you up with her again like last time. I am just asking genuinely," Vishva says.

"No, I heard her saying to Anamika that she's going out with Samar and an old friend," Shravan says. "Oh, it must be Devika. They reconnected. I will try her later," Vishva says. "How are you doing, sir?" Shravan asks.

"I am terrific. Jaya said yes, and we are getting married. I will have to move to Goa because my woman is a serious businesswoman," Vishva says. "Congratulations, sir," Shravan says.

The phone call ends, and Shravan wonders whether to text Anupama or not. He had her number, but they had never exchanged text messages.

Hey, it's me, Shravan. Your dad called to ask if I knew where you were cause he couldn't reach you. I was a little worried, so I am just checking that you are okay.

Sent.

He dropped his phone on the bedside table and finished making himself dinner. Anupama got the notification on her Apple watch.

The movie was too damn good, but she had seen his name in the text. She was curious why Mister Shravan would be texting her. She opened her phone and dimmed the light. She saw his message and smiled.

First of all, why would my dad think that you would know where I am after work hours? I have come to watch a movie so I am fine. You don't have to worry, Shravan ji. 😉😏

Sent.

Anuj looked at her as she smiled and replied to this text message. "Someone special," Anuj says. The phone fell from her hands to the floor as she was surprised, but everyone in the cinema hall was cheering so no one heard that. "I-I-mm. It's not like that," Anupama says.

"Oh my gosh, you are even speechless. He must be good to you. I knew you would find love," Anuj says. "L-Love. No, there is no love," Anupama says. "But you are attracted and have a big smile," Anuj says. "Smiling is a common thing," Anupama says.

"This movie is so good," Devika says, interrupting their conversation. "The man that I am attracted to is telling me that because I smiled at another man's message, then I must like said man. I wouldn't say I like Shravan like that. There is a fun banter, but it's just that," Anupama wonders.

The only man that I need to focus on right now is SRK.

-----

As Anuj went to get them seats, Anupama excused herself to call her dad. "You remember I broke up with my fiance in America and moved in with you in India. You go on this trip and don't even call me once," Anupama says.

"Good evening to you too, daughter," Vishva says. "Why did you message Shravan?" Anupama says. "He was always my first call when you weren't around," Vishva says. "Are you about to daughter shame me?" Anupama asks.

"No, I was just saying I am used to him being there for me like a son. I have news to share," Vishva says. "What's the news?" Anupama asks. "I am engaged," Vishva says. "What the f... hmm, when did this happen?" Anupama asks.

"Today, " Vishva says. "I don't even know this person. How long has this been going on?" Anupama asks. "I will give you all the details in person," Vishva says. "I am about to get a stepmother, and you are leaving me in suspense. Do you know that your forty-year-old daughter is still unmarried?" Anupama says.