Chapter 7

Read, vote and comment.
Enjoy.

-----

Vishva arrived in Goa and went to his apartment there. He then got dressed and went to Cafe Mocha. He walked in and saw her right at the till. She smiled back at him.

"Hello Jaya," Vishva says. "It's nice to see you again, Vishva," Jaya says. "I will take the usual," Vishva says. "Pick a table I am coming," Jaya says. A few minutes later, the woman came with his cup of coffee and the chocolate pastry he always has.

She sits with him. "How has business been?" Vishva asks. "It has been good I have to say. I am making more profits. My daughter says it's time to give the coffee shop a facelift," Jaya says. "What does that mean?" Vishva asks.

"It means to change the look and update the menu," Jaya says. "Oh okay. A new marketing strategy," Vishva says. "Exactly. I just understand my customers but my daughter is the one that understands business," Jaya says.

"Daughters are special," Vishva says. "I watched the news and I figured out who your daughter is," Jaya says. "Hmm, they are splashing her all over the news. If you have seen my daughter then I should see a photo of yours too," Vishva says.

"Why? We should continue with our mysterious relationship," Jaya says. "Okay. I like it like that too," Vishva says, holding her hands. "My daughter lives in America too. I hope she would come home like your daughter did," Jaya says.

"Why doesn't she want to come?" Vishva asks. "She's still in pain about the past. When she was growing up, I was too weak so I neglected her for a few years. But she loves me a lot, and she's a business lawyer," Jaya says.

Vishva held her hand for comfort. "When my wife died, my daughter was just fourteen years old. Both of us were in a lot of pain, and I had to suppress mine for a while to be there for her," Vishva says.

"There is no winning. A parent is healing from their pain and their child is neglected. A parent helping their child heal and they suppress their own emotions," Jaya says. "Thank God, our daughters are good today. I am proud of the woman that she is," Vishva says.

"I am proud of my daughter too. The common thing is that both our daughters are single and unmarried," Jaya says. Vishva laughs. "My kid is forty, " Vishva says. "Mine is thirty but it's the same thing," Jaya says.

"I am trying to set my daughter up with this guy from work but she seems uninterested. Both of them keep clashing," Vishva says. "Whatever happens will be organic. I don't put pressure but I tell her that love is important," Jaya says.

"Talking about love. I have come now and so we are going for dinner tonight," Vishva says. "I selected a nice dress already. Finish your meal, and I have to go back to work," Jaya says. She gets up and pecks his lips. "See you tonight," Vishva says.

-----

Shravan and Anupama finished the meeting with the textile team and stayed back to talk. "That was a good meeting," Shravan says. "Yes, I hope they take into account our corrections," Anupama says. 

"They will. You are the boss," Shravan says. "Did you just call me the boss?" Anupama asks. "You are finally acting like one. Thanks for the breakfast," Shravan says and gets up. 

"I have a meeting with Anamika," Anupama says. She gets up and goes to Anamika's office. "I heard you came really early to work on the textile project. How was the meeting?" Anamika asks. "It was good, and I finally got approval from Shravan," Anupama says. Anamika laughs.

 "It's funny how both of you crib about each other to me," Anamika says. "What the hell. He talks about me to you, how rude is he," Anupama says. "What are you doing right now?" Anamika asks. "Mmm. Okay, you are right?" Anu says.