[53] the same boat

Start from the beginning

"You have your proof. Let's talk."

"All right, this is the deal right here. Let 'em go, you can have your guy back and live."

"Three for one, that's not much of a trade."

"You don't have another choice." Rick told her. "Or you would've done something about it already."

"We have to get him back." The man said weakly, continuing to hold his arm.

The lady lowered her binoculars, but keeping her eyes on our group, "Primo can take care of himself."

"He can patch me up." His eyes shot over to me, "I need him, thanks to that bitch. You lost your balls, Paula. You should've shot her in the head so they could hear her die."

"If you could just shut up, I could solve this."

"Then make the deal or we go in."

The older lady snapped, "she said shut up, so shut it. You should be glad she doesn't have a sack of gonads to trip over."

"Look, I know you're talking it over. It's a fair trade. Just come out, we do this, we all walk away."

"Smug prick." The one keeping a gun to Maggie scoffed. "He must think we're stupid."

The one with the binoculars smirked, "that's a good thing."

"Do we have a deal?"

"I'll get back to you."

The next thing I saw was the inside of my jacket, being turned over by the older woman, whose mullet was worse than Eugene's. 

We'd get the occasional one-word direction from the one in charge, Paula, as we walked. We only saw our shoes shuffling through the muddied woods. Until finally, we found ourselves climbing into the backseat of a vehicle. 

"Omega, omega, Saviors down. Got to Gamma, code fire. Alpha channel is not clear. We follow the protocol." She said as she duct taped our wrists together. "Where the hell are you guys? Witch to Theta channel, same code. If I'm not there, toggle to Alpha. Listen in."

"Copy that."

It wasn't a long car ride, but it was rough that's for sure. Wherever we were, the floors looked as clean as the floor of a college bar after a big football win. 

"I hate this damn place." The older one grumbled. "Safe house. There ain't nothing safe about this-"

"This place is gonna save our asses." Paula calmed her. 

When the blindfold was finally taken off, I was met with a face full of walker, which Paula stabbed, the knife only an inch from the tip of my nose. 

"Get on the ground." She demanded. "You there, you over there, and you," She pointed to me, "there." Carol, Maggie and I looked to each other, all thinking the same thing, I imagined. "You're wondering if there's a way out of this. There isn't. Not unless I say so."

Paula bounded all three of our hands and ankles with duct tape. Our mouths were already gagged. She was finishing wrapping my wrists when there were gunshots heard from down the hall. 

She huffed, standing up, "I want to kill all three of your right now. It's taking all I have to not to. So go ahead, I dare you, try something. Just see what happens" She waved her gun as she left the three of us.

Maggie quickly began to try to saw through the tape on her wrists against the wall. Carol took a different approach. And I soon noticed that Paula didn't bound my wrists as tightly as she had thought.