Hurt And Pain

The daylight had started to dim as Shiva was sitting in his meditation seat in melancholy. Parvati had still not come or had talked to anyone. The day's events had emotionally drained both of them. Just then, Vishnu appeared and sat beside him.

"She's still upset?" he asked. Shiva nodded.

"She has entire rights to be upset. Even I find it unacceptable though I knew that something like this can happen, I cannot imagine what Parvati must be going through" Shiva said and sighed. Vishnu gently placed his hand on his shoulder, comforting him.

"I can understand, Sakha. This is a very difficult situation for you two but I hope you know what is happening."

"I do, Narayan. I have to."

...............

Agni, as a dove, had been traveling for a long time and he was away from the grasp of Tarakasur's army for at least then but the heat of Shiva's seed was too much for even him to handle. He couldn't go on any further and finally turned back to his original form. He understood that if he didn't pass on the energy to someone else then it will surely be the end of him but he didn't know who was capable enough to carry such heat. It's then he realised that he was at banks of River Ganga and he instantly knew that she was the right person to pass on the responsibility. He stood on the bank and prayed to Ganga.

"Hey Gange! You are the giver of life. Please save me from this burning heat. Only you are capable of carrying such power."

Suddenly, there was a splash of water and from there emerged the River Goddess, Ganga. Dressed in white, she was the epitome of purity and was also Parvati's elder sister. She was the one due to whom Shiva had got the name of 'Gangadhar'.

"Agni Dev, why are you so distressed?" She questioned.

"Maa Ganga, this sphere of energy contains Shiva's seed from which the future destroyer of Tarakasur will be born. But he is after him. This heat is too much even for me to carry. You have to save him!"

Ganga was surprised but she agreed. Agni passed on the energy to Ganga and she gently carried it in her arms but the heat was too much for her as well. It was so strong that even her water started to burn. Ganga realised that she too wouldn't be able to secure the seed for very long so she immediately left the place before Tarakasur could come. She kept searching for a place that would be safe enough and just then, she noticed the cool grasslands of the Saravan. Ganga thought that it was the perfect place to deposit the energy so she decided to take it there. But the seed was extremely hot and it became too much for her to hold on to and by mistake she let go of her hands and energy dropped into the forest from the steep and got divided into six parts. The forest was caught on fire and was destroyed in no time.

............

Parvati was still inside her cave. She had stopped crying and was sitting still like a rock. The pain of loosing her child was too much. The grief and anger had culminated in her. She unknowingly placed her hand in the pond beside her and the whole cave lit up in fire. Smelling the smoke, the ganas rushed in and saw Parvati sitting between burning fire. Some of them immediately started to try to stop the fire by throwing buckets of water. Nandi rushed to her and fell at her feet.

"Mata, please calm down. Please stop the fire. If anything happens to you, what will we answer to Mahadev? Mata, calm down!"

Nandi was pleading to her, crying. Parvati finally came to her senses and looked around and realised what she had done so she removed her hand from the water and the fire stopped.

"Mata, I think you should go out for a while. Mahadev has been waiting for you for a long time. You may also feel better if you meet him and get some fresh air" Nandi suggested. Parvati thought for a while and then nodded. She slowly got up and caressed his hair and then headed out.

Meanwhile, Narad had come to meet Shiva and explained what had happened.

"And then it got divided into 6 parts and it destroyed the Saravan forest. We do not know what to do now."

Shiva took in a deep breath but they hadn't noticed that Parvati had come there as well who had heard everything.

"What are you saying, Devarshi?"

Her voice made them turn around in surprise.

"Uma, you have finally come out" Shiva went to her and placed a hand on her shoulder but Parvati couldn't stay calm.

"Tell me, Devarshi! What happened?"

"Mata... Mata what happened is that Agni Dev could not carry Mahadev's energy and had handed it over to Devi Ganga but she couldn't resist as well and had.... had dropped it in the Saravan forest and it got divided into six parts" Narad said hesitantly. Parvati backed away

"No... No this cannot be happen. My son... My son... No..."

Then she became furious, "None of you could protect my son. This is the responsibility that you had taken? And Ganga! You are my sister and yet you couldn't protect my child, so much so that he couldn't even take birth. You too will have to face it's consequences, Ganga. I curse you that your water will always be contaminated. People will wash their sins in your water! "

Parvati's words startled everyone.

"Uma, calm down. Control your anger" Shiva said, shaking her shoulders. That brought her back to her senses and she broke down in tears. The intense agony and the tiredness was too much and all of a sudden, she fainted but Shiva was right there in time to catch her before she fell.

"Uma! Uma wake up. Look at me" he patted her cheek to wake her up but she didn't.

"Prabhu, we all have disappointed you both. I think you should tend to Mata Parvati now. I'm taking my leave. I will inform you if anything else happens" Narad said. Shiva nodded.

"Alright. And Don't worry, she will be fine."

Though Shiva said that, he himself was worried. He knew that the emotional distress had adversely affected his wife and so as Narad left, he picked her up and went inside.