Days Spent Together

Author's Note : Hi! After all your love, I'm back with the third part of this story. Enjoy!

Married life for Shiva and Parvati turned out to be filled with bliss. After years of waiting and yearning for each other, they were finally in each other's company and they couldn't have enough of each other. Shiva adored Parvati and pampered her like anything. If she wasn't busy with her housework and he wasn't in his meditation, he would sit her down and would paint her feet with red dye or would even massage her feet saying that she worked too much. Sometimes they would take a stroll along the Manasarovar where he would pick flowers and make a garland and adorn her hair. They would spend hours just talking to each other, laying on each other's lap. They would also play games, especially the game of dice. It was their favorite. Shiva and Parvati would often play with bets which were mostly their ornaments. If Parvati would win, then Shiva would himself put his moon on her head or his snake around her neck. If Shiva would win, then he would take her jewellery only to make her wear it later.

Most of the time, they would retire to their bedroom. Shiva had decreased his time in meditation and had started concentrating more on her. When they would be with each other, Shiva would slowly open her jewellery one by one, admiring every part of her body. Their passionate love making would go on for days and yet they won't get tired of adoring each other.

One day, Parvati was laying in Shiva's arms in their private chamber. He was caressing her disheveled hair.

"You know we haven't left this cave in three days. We always spends our time with each other. What will everyone think?" she said cheekily.

Shiva chuckled and softly kissed her neck.

"I don't care what anyone is thinking. I'm spending my time with my love. My wife. Who can say anything to that."

Parvati laughed at his words, "But what about our duties as Shiva and Shakti? Aren't we ignoring that?"

"Uma, with our union, this universe functions. So in a way, we are doing our duties."

Parvati smiled and kissed him.

...................

On the other hand, the Gods were extremely worried. Tarakasur was still ruling over them and was very cruel. No one could live in peace. Indra was pacing down when Agni arrived.

"You called me, Devraj?"

"Yes Agni Dev. As you know, Tarakasur is still a mayhem. We thought uniting Mahadev and Parvati would solve our problems but they seemed to have forgotten about this and are indulged with each other. I cannot see a chance of them having a son anytime soon. If nothing happens, then we would have to interfere and I would need your help" Indra said. Agni was a bit hesitant.

"I can understand your concern, Devraj but do you think it will be right to interfere with them? I mean have you forgotten what happened to Kam Dev? I think you need to rethink about this."

"Agni Dev, I haven't forgotten anything. Anything we do this time, we will do under the guidance of Pitamah Brahma and Narayan" Indra assured him. Agni nodded.

"If that's the case then alright. I'll help you."

.....................

Although Shiva might be away from his worldly duties, he still knew what they had to do so he finally decided to talk to Parvati about it when they were alone by the banks of Manasarovar.

"Uma, it's been quite a while since our wedding, hasn't it?"

Parvati smiled, "It has and yet I couldn't even feel how fast time passed."

"It's true. Whenever I'm with you, I lose track of time but we cannot forget our duty. Uma, if only you are ready, don't you think it's time we prepare for the birth of our child? The world is waiting for us to have an offspring who can eradicate the evil and save everyone. We have taken our time but now we have to think about it."

Parvati's eyes lit up hearing Shiva's proposal and her smile grew wider.

"You have read my heart. I've been thinking about the same for a while now. We are together and it is more than I could ask for but I want to start a family with you. Even Adi Shakti herself is not free from the yearning of motherhood. I'm more than ready, Mahadev. I want to give birth to our child. A child who will be the most powerful saviour. "

Shiva smiled and gently caressed her face, "I'm glad that we are on the same page. Even I cannot wait to grow our little family. But.."

"But what Mahadev?" She asked.

"Uma, Our son has to be strong enough to kill the demons which is why he cannot be concieved through the natural process. He needs to be formed with the unification of our powers. But don't worry, you can still fulfill your desire of carrying our child. You will be his mother. "

Parvati stayed quite far a while and then nodded," It doesn't matter how he comes to this world. All it matters that he is born safely. I can't believe we are about to become parents! Even though this entire world is our children, yet there's an unknown bliss of having a child of our own, isn't it? '

"It is" Shiva said and pulled her closer to him. This was the moment of the birth of the child of Shiva and Shakti. This was the moment of 'Kumarsambhavam'.