34. Rain On My Parade

"So you do actually exist and I don't have to beat my friend up. That's good."

Freddi walked over to Theo until they were just a few inches apart before reaching out a hand to tap his cheek.

"We have to talk about your texting etiquette later."

"What was wrong with my texting?" asked Theo.

"You sounded like a possessive and protective boyfriend," said Freddi.

"I...uh..."

Theo's face heated up and he became flustered. Ruby was starting to get uncomfortable too as she decided to propose an ice breaker of sorts to distract Freddi from making this situation worse.

"Freddi, how about you do Just Dance with the boys? You always claimed you wanted to kick their well choreographed behinds at it if you ever got the chance."

"That I did, didn't I?" said Freddi, turning to look at Ruby. "Alright. Sounds like fun. Where did you hide it?"

"It's under the television set," said Ruby as Freddi moved to get on her hands and knees to hook everything up.

Freddi moved to turn the television on after she had hooked up the Wii system that Ruby had brought with her when she moved into the apartment with Amethyst. Freddi popped the disc into the player before shoving controllers at both Theo and Junho.

"I officially challenge the both of you," said Freddi as the television screen lit up with the game menu for Just Dance 2021. "I am about to prove that I can kick your butt in a well-choreographed way."

"Are you serious?" asked Theo with a chuckle.

"Yes," said Freddi as she scrolled through the menu choices, landing on "Rain on Me".

"I should have known..." muttered Junho beside Theo as she slipped the wrist strap on.

Theo sighed, eventually giving in as the song started to play.

Charming remained in his seat on the couch as he watched the three of them dancing to the song as it came on. It was then that his eyes went to the cage on the ground that seemed to have been forgotten in the moment. Getting down on the ground, he saw that there was a bunny resting inside. His face immediately glowed as he moved to open the cage.

"Come here," he said softly as the bunny hopped into his hands.

So this is how small he had been in comparison once upon a time. Charming grabbed the black bunny in his hands before sitting on his butt. As he did, he ended up positioning himself on the ground right behind Junho. As Junho continued to dance, he didn't realize that Charming was on the ground behind him and ended up tripping over him, almost stumbling onto the ground.

"Oh! Sorry!" said Charming.

Amethyst and Ruby stood side-by-side watching the circus as it continued to unfold in front of them. As the dance continued, the pizza delivery guy arrived, knocking at the door. Ruby opened the door just a crack, paying for the purchase and quickly shutting the door again before either Junho or Theo could be spotted. Amethyst moved further into the kitchen to help Ruby get out paper plates and napkins as Freddi continued to try her best to beat Junho and Theo at the game.

"I'm surprised that Freddi isn't in a state of shock right now," said Amethyst to Ruby as she helped to lay everything they'd need out. "You and her are fangirls of their band, after all."

"I don't think you should be surprised," said Ruby. "Freddi is Freddi. Sure she idolizes them, but nothing like that ever seems to phase her."

Ruby paused to look towards Theo and Junho who looked like they were frantically trying to keep up with Freddi who had seemingly become a Just Dance queen.