Chapter 44

5 minutes later

3rd person pov

Everyone had placed a name into the hat, "Okay only two people have been voted for, Danny and Lew. The person with the most votes is Lewis. Dan, are you okay with that?" Seb asks.

"Yeah, of course, I've had a lot on this week so I'd rather not worry any more than necessary," Dan replies.

"Okay lew love, we should probably go see her, the rest of you should go home or do shifts. You can't all stay here anyway the doctor says 3 at a time so decide amongst yourselves. Lew and I will keep you updated via the chat unless it is really important." Seb says and he and Lewis go around saying bye

Seb's pov

"Okay just through here, it's upsetting but we've got to stay strong for her," I said and opened the door leading Lewis in.

"Shit, she would hate me if I said she looks terrible," Lewis responded, I monitored his behaviour as he sat down next to her and stroked his hand over her cheek.

"She definitely would, it's going to be okay Lew," I reassure him as I sit down next to him and lean his head on my shoulder. He slowly started to let tears out as I rubbed his back. "Hey it's okay, let it out." he continues to sob as I lift his head up and give him a small smile and wipe his tears away with my thumb.

"I look pathetic" he giggles lightly and buries himself into my arms.

"No, this is a normal experience someone you love is hurt of course you're going to be upset, if it helps I cried as well." he smiled and kissed me as we both held onto Anna's hands.

We slowly fell asleep around the steady beeps of the machines.

The next morning,

Anna's pov

Why does my head hurt and what is that horrible beeping sound, I slowly open my eyes to see I'm in the hospital, I also see a doctor checking something. I open my mouth to speak but end up coughing I try to cover my mouth with my hand but something is weighing it down, I look around and see Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel sitting there holding my hands whilst being fast asleep on each other? Well, this is weird.

"Here you go Anna, try and drink some and talk" The doctor hands me a plastic cup, I drink some then clear my throat.

"Hi? Could you say what's happened to me?" I look at him as he assesses the damage.

"You have some badly bruised areas and a concussion. Do you remember how you were injured?" the doctor asks as he removes the needles in my arm.

"Yeah, it was a crash in the f1 race round turn 2 or 3?"

"Amazing now just a few basic questions, do you know who these two boys are here?" the doctor asks as he points the Lewis and Sebastian.

"Yeah, that's Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel."

"Perfect it's looking good, what's your relation to them?"

"I guess co-worker? Sorry, what's this for?"

"You had a concussion and I'm just seeing what you remember, are you currently in a relationship?"

"No"

"Okay, what I'm going to do is put you in an induced sleep to see if we can help your memory"

"My memory what's wrong with it?"

"Nothing for you to worry about, I will tell you when you wake up again." the doctor gives me a smile and then gently puts a needle in my arm which slowly makes my eyes grow heavy.

Half an hour later

Lewis's pov

I wake up still in Seb's arms and holding Anna's hand, I peer around the room and see the doctor writing a few things down.

"Hi doctor, any news?" I said as I stroked Seb's back to wake him.

"Good morning Mr Hamilton, unfortunately only Mr Vettel is allowed to know updates however seeing as he just woke up I'll let you know" The doctor smiled at an awake seb then continued. " Miss Cela did wake up briefly about half an hour ago, and I did some quick tests to determine the extent of injuries. When I asked if she knew what happened she got it spot on however when asked about who you are and your relations she knew who you were just not your relationship. So I put her under for a bit to see if that will help her memory." the doctor read from the notes and then handed it to seb.

"When you say you she knew who we were but not the relationship what did you mean?" seb asked.

"Basically she said you were her co-workers which you are so her memory wasn't terrible however she had no knowledge of a relationship. So my advice at this time is to wait for her to wake up again, this might be a few hours or even overnight it just depends on her body. What I would suggest is you let the others know and whilst you're there have a shower and get changed, it might also be helpful to bring something that symbolises your relationship or smells like someone just to get her recognising things again." the doctor smiles again before leaving.

" so, I guess we should tell the boys. I think they all ended up crashing here after we told them not to" I giggled as I pulled up seb and kissed Anna's hand letting it rest back on the bed.

We left the room and made our way to the rest of them.

In the other room

Max's pov

We were all awake waiting for Lewis and Seb to get back, I hope it is all good news I can't face it being bad.

"Dan, do you think this is my fault? I mean I overtook her but maybe I clipped her or something?" I whispered as I cuddled further into Daniel's lap.

"Hey, why would you think that? I thought your therapist and you were dealing with these negative thoughts?" Dan looked at me concerned.

"We are, but I still can help feel guilty you know?" I sniff and wipe my small tears off my face.

"No Max, I don't however I know you don't like to feel it," Dan whispered back and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"You know we're all here for you right?" checo said from next to Max as he brushed max hair out of his eyes.

"Thank you" I smiled against Dan's chest as I heard the door open. I leapt off Dan's lap and rushed to them jumping into Lewis's chest, hugging him.

"Oh wow, hi Maxy. Do you want me to sit down?" he asked me as I nodded. He sat down and let me sit on his lap playing with his braids.

"Any updates?" Mick asked.

"Um yes, she woke up around an hour ago now, Both Lew and I were still asleep. The doctor ran some tests and she seems to have part of her memory but not all. She knows who we are but not that we are together." Lewis says and I pull back to look at him.

"Wait so she doesn't know she's our girlfriend? How is that possible?" I started getting annoyed. I felt Lewis's hand find my hair and he started to massage my head.

"Calm down maxy, the doctor believes that she might have been a bit disorientated when she woke up so he put her under to fully allow her brain to catch up if that makes sense. He hopes she'll remember everything by tomorrow." Seb explains having taken a seat next to Alex and Yuki.

"When can we see her?" asked lando, he's been upset all night. We all have but I think he spent most of the night crying into Pierre's shoulders.

" the doctor hasn't told us I assume as soon as she gained her memory back they might need us for testing so possibly then." we sat in silence for a bit before George spoke up.

"How about you two come to the hotel with me and Carlos whilst the rest wait here then we can shower and get changed?" he suggested as he stood up.

"Sounds good love, Max baby could you get off please?" Lewis shifted under me, I retaliated and snuggled closer.

"Maxy. love, come here" Mick pulled me up and sat me down on some cushions the staff had brought with them, he pulled me down and drew shapes onto my back.

"Okay, we'll see you all later okay, in like 40 minutes if the doctor comes let us know."