Chapter 42

Hi everyone, just a little life update for you and a new chapter. I've finished my levels and I'm now at Uni. I'm studying sports journalism! anyway sorry for not uploading, I'm currently writing more chapters for this series, so stick around and if someone wants to tell me off for forgetting please do! Have a good day! 

p.s. this chapter was inspired by Maddi0001

The next day - Race Day

Anna's pov

We dropped Daniel off at McLaren and seb and I made our way to Aston Martin. Today felt nice, although I feel slightly off. Like there is something that is going to happen, I'm sure I'm just feeling rough and will probably come down with something tomorrow.

Race - commentary

Welcome back to the Canadian Grand Prix, all drivers are lined up on the grid ready to get away. Ricciardo is back with McLaren after Oscar Piastri took over his practice session, he managed to qualify 8th. A few other mentions for Mercedes, both George and Lewis are looking to work their way through the grid and get onto the podium after their most recent upgrade.

We have Cela on pole followed by verstappen, perez, vettel, norris, sainz, leclerc, ricciardo, hamilton, russel, Albon, gasly, tsunoda and schumacher. Formation lap has started.

One moment ladies and gents, there is a red Ferrari sitting in the grass over here, it looks like Charles Leclerc has only made it about 2 metres off the start line, this is an unusual situation. As the race has not officially started does it go to a red flag or...

Leclerc radio

Cl - wtf, no power, no power...

Eng - Charles we are going to have to retire, apologies.

Cl - how we haven't even made it off the start line yet.

Eng - again sorry Charles, mechanics issue. Rescue is coming soon.

Commentary

So as I was saying the FIA have given a red flag, I assume this is to clear Leclerc's car. Give us 10 minutes here and we should be racing.

Once again welcome back, the formation lap has been completed this time with no stranded cars. And it's lights out and away we go, Verstappen cant quite get ahead of Cela who manages to win the first corner and stay ahead, further behind we have Hamilton and Russell pushing on the McLaren of Ricciardo. Schumacher has managed to pick out Tsunoda and lead him into the first corner.

Around the second lap, one thing to note is how tight corner 3 is, a lot of drivers are going to get black and whites for track limits if they're not careful. Here comes Cela into turn two still trying to fight with Verstappen who just manages to get past on the exit of turn 2, cela tries to regain her position really pushing Max around turn 3. As..

Team radio

AC - give me more power

AM - be careful around here, max 0.1 ahead.

AC - ok, ahhhhhhh

AM - Anna can you hear us, please confirm you are ok?

Commentary

Well, that was worrying, for those who were listening in and not watching cela was on the radio into turn 3 and ended up gaining too much power which caused her to spin and hit the barricade where the car flipped upside down, at this moment in time we have no heard any confirmation that Cela is alright. Red flag. Red flag.

Team radio

LN - who was that? Are they okay?

ML - cela, no response as of yet, please come into pits—red flag red flag.

LH - is she alright?

ME - can't confirm, pit.

Commentary

We have got confirmation that Anna Cela is being taken to hospital, at this moment in time she is unresponse so until we know all is alright the crash will not be shown again. Drivers are expected to be back out in 20 minutes.

Charles pov

I run to Carlos's car once he comes back in. " Carlos, it's bad, it's really bad. Shit, they said she hasn't responded yet."

He simply sheds a tear and reaches for my hand "Go to her for us please, after we'll all come to find you." he looks at me and I nod and kiss his hand.

"I love you." "I love you too"

Without another word, i text my trainer to get my car ready and to put the directions of the hospital in.

Carlos's pov

Team radio

CS - can you please connect me to the other cars?

FE - sure only for a few seconds.

CS - guys can you hear me?

SV - yep go ahead

CS - Charles has gone to Anna apparently it's bad, like really bad. He told us to finish the race and then come find them.

GR - thanks Carlos, everyone get your heads down and let's finish this.

AA - yeah, the quicker we finish the quicker we get to Anna.

MS - love you all.

End of radio.

Charles's pov

Andrea (his trainer) was waiting for me, "Hey it'll be alright, you focus on her and I'll focus on the race, therefore you won't have to be double stressed" he gave me a nudge and smiled at me.

"Thank you, for everything." I smiled back and leaned back in my seat. We soon arrived and I rushed out to the reception. " hi! I need to see Anna Cela, can you tell me which room she's in?" I asked the nurse at the desk.

"Sorry sir, unfortunately, she is a high-level patient and we aren't allowed to disclose this information to members of the public." the nurse replied.

"I'm her boyfriend, i don't think that makes me a risk!" I was starting to get agitated. The nurse looks up at me and she sits there with her mouth hung open. "Hello? Excuse me?" I waved my hand in front of her face.

"I'm so sorry Mr Leclerc, please excuse my colleague, she is in room 15, on the second floor. Although you can't be up there at the moment, she is about to go into surgery. Would you please have a seat in our private area for those of high profile, we will update you as we hear more news." she sadly smiled and led me and Andrea into a private room.

"Could you not tell me anything about her condition?" I plead as Andrea drags me to sit down on a chair.

"Like I said before sir, Miss Cela's condition is unknown to me at the moment, however, we will update you, the most I can tell you is the surgery was put in immediately after she arrived." at this point I was shedding tears as andrea thanked the nurse.

"What happens if she isn't alright?" I whisper.

"Then you and the boys will figure it out with the rest of us behind you."

a/n - just to let you know I do already have the next 3 chapters written so please just bug me for them if I take 10 million years to upload them!