Chapter 5

Qualifying

Anna's pov

I'm not sure about the team's decision to not do FP2 and 3 seems risky seeing as I'm a new driver for the team and I crashed here last season in F2, however, no one knew that was me as it was known I was a girl last season.

"How are you feeling today?" said my new teammate. He was good looking with a sweet smile, to be honest, all the boys on the grid are good looking. I would go for any of them.

"I'm feeling confident, let's hope the team made the right decision" I casually replied.

Commentator pov/ quali commentary

"All cars are looking good this season with the Haas and Alpha Tauri trailing behind. We have a few at the front like normal, Mercedes and Redbull and a bit of a twist Aston Martin is up there with the new driver on the wheel."

"And off we go for the first qualifying of the season. Alex Albon first one on the track followed by the rest of the drivers."

"Max Verstappen sets the fastest time on the first lap and looks like a strong season for red bull. Lewis Hamilton just manages to grab P2, a few seconds off Verstappen"

"Here comes Cela purple in sectors 1 and 2, absolutely flying, will it be enough for P1. Yes, it will be the rookie that takes P1 from Max Verstappen on the chequered flag."

Cela

Verstappen

Hamilton

Vettel

Russel

Norris

Perez

Ricciardo

Leclerc

Sainz

"Looks like a bad start for McLaren and Ferrari as Aston martin is doing amazing. I don't think anyone was expecting that!"

Alex's pov

We all got back into the garage to see the Aston Martin parked in pole position. Surprising seeing how their season was last year. Mick and I share a peck as we leave our driving room to do interviews. We see Cela there walking with his helmet still on, he must be baking under that thing, I wonder why he keeps it on.

Anna's pov

I'm so happy, my first F1 season and I got pole on the first race! Nothing can explain how I feel right now. I run up to my team and jump into their arms. As I get down I feel a light tap on top of my helmet I turn around to see Hamilton and most of the F1 drivers smiling at me saying their congratulations, Vettel pops his head around the group and grins and hugs me "I knew you could do this, you had nothing to worry about!"

I nodded my head at his statement, not having my mic connected.

Perez's pov

P7 isn't bad but it's not good. I'm proud of all my boyfriends of course but I wish I could've done better.

Cela was fucking quick, I don't know what they put in that Aston martin but it's going to be hard to beat this year.

"Hiya beautiful, what you thinking about"

"Omg, you scared the living shit out of me! What are you doing here?"

"I have a keycard like always, what got you all jumpy?" Max gently massaged my shoulders while placing soft kisses on top of my head.

"I was just thinking about Aston Martin and how quick they are, I really thought I was in with a chance of winning the championship this year."

"My love, all of us were surprised but it's the first race of the season and we haven't even had a race yet, you never know what's going to happen. What will cheer you up ?" Max gently turned me around to face him with a soft smile.