Chapter 39

Hi everyone, welcome back, just wanted to thank everyone for their support on this story, even though I don't update as often as many of you would like. I have a bit of bad news, my A-levels are coming up so I probably won't upload till June (I'll still end up uploading in May).

Next day

Anna's pov

We're travelling to Canada today for the next race so I made sure everyone was up and raring to go before we could get out the door I saw a text come through on my phone it was from Zak, surprise surprise.

Zak - Morning, just letting you know we have taken Piastri on board for next year so the seat is no longer available.

I leave him on read and make my way to the others." McLaren has signed Oscar Piastri for next year" I say as I approach, all eyes turn to lando and Dan.

"I swear I was not told!" lando says as he places a hand on my back. He looks at Daniel who seems quite content.

"Guys I'm fine honestly I've got an arrangement for next year so I'm calm. Don't stress yourselves" We all smile in his direction as we prepare for the flight.

3rd person

The plane had landed in a very cold Canada, and they all walked off the plane and into the cars to transport them to the hotel to quickly drop off their stuff in their designated rooms and straight back in the cars for media day at the circuit. They talked and laughed all the way to the track until they were met by their team representatives. They all split off and were whisked away.

"Daniel, you're needed at Red Bull, Lando head straight to the conference room." the McLaren pr lady said and ushered lando away. Meanwhile, Daniel made his way into Redbull and was pulled towards Christian's door where Max and he were both waiting for Dan's arrival.

"Ah daniel, good to have you back, lets go over this contract of your then. So you'll be the test and reserve driver and are required to be present at every race. I assume Max has already told you he is giving you 3 of his races where you can race under his name, FIA approved of course. Anything else you want or need?"christian said and turned the page towards daniel.

"No thank you, this is amazing as it is. I just want to thank you again for allowing me to come back after the way I left last time and everything." daniel replied and signed the paper.

"Dan , you've been forgiven and were forgetting it anyway, that was you 3 years ago your completely different "

"Thank You again christian, you won't regret it!" daniel exclaimed they they shook hands. Christian pull out another piece of paper which has key dates for media or track days.

"We're planning to announce it in the press conference in 5 minutes, are you ok with that?"

"It depends who is there?" Daniel questions sceptically.

"It will be Zak, Lando, you and Pierre. Zak apparently have something to announce so why not us also comment." christian says with a smirk and leads daniel towards the front of the Red Bull garage.

"Ok i'll do it" danioe nods and follows Max and Christian out towards the media room. Where they find Pierre and Lando being separated by Zak who is talking loudly facing Lando who just nods passively along. They eventually get called into the room they sit in this order - Zak Lando Pierre Daniel.

During the interview

3rd person

Interviewer - ok everyone and welcome to canada, hope all of you are alright. Lets start with Zak. You apparently have very important news to share. Please tell us?