Chapter 38

Next Day

Max's pov

We had all made it downstairs after a nice night of watching movies and eating brownies. The feeling with everyone was relaxed and calm as lewis made breakfast and Anna washed up last night's snacks. I had mick by my side with his hands curled around my waist with mine going through his thick blonde hair. The peace was quickly gone when a phone started ringing. We all trust each other so I pick up the phone.

Max - hello? Daniel's phone.

Zak - hello max, is dan about?

Max - yeah give me a sec.

"Daniel it's zak!" he pulls a defeated look and grabs the phone. Well, that was weird.

"Anyone else concerned about that? Lando?" I ask

"He and Zak have been talking a lot more, more meetings, more training. They're pushing him hard this season." lando responded.

"That's not good" before I can finish my sentence daniel walks back in and tries to fake a smile. But before we can question him Anna's phone rings, she answers it and walks out of the room. Daniels goes and sits in the corner with his music playing through his headphones.

Anna's pov

Anna - hello? Anna speaking.

Zak - Ah Anna, how are you?

Anna - yeah good thanks, you?

Zak - doing brilliantly actually.  I want to speak to you regarding your seat for 2023.

Anna - what about it?

Zak - we very recently had an opening for one of our seats and we would love for you to fill it.

Anna - lando or dan?

Zak - what?

Anna - who did you fire?

Zak - Daniel.

Anna - at the moment it's a no I need to speak to Dan.

That was an interesting conversation and one I definitely won't be entertaining any more. I race downstairs and scan the kitchen till I find him curled up in the corner. I walk up to him and give him a hug and kiss his head.

"I'm sorry Dan. you don't deserve this." he lifts his headphones off and gives me a quick kiss before telling me it was ok.

"It's ok we've been talking about it for ages and I wasn't keeping up," dan says a bit too loud.

"Ok, what the fuck is happening?" Alex exclaims almost in sync we all say 'language'. Dan and I have a silent conversation before he speaks up.

"I've been dropped from Mclaren due to performance issues and anna has been offered my seat." everyone's face drops except lando who picks up his phone.

"Pierre grab Lando's phone" he grabs it and tosses it to me.

"Hey!" lando screams.

"No Lan your acting on anger, we don't need both of you losing your seats," I say and nod my head to my phone as it starts to ring. I pick it up and see Zak calling me back.

Anna - hello

Zak - have you made your mind up?

Anna - I won't be driving with McLaren whilst you are in charge.

I quickly hang up and sit in silence. Again another phone rings. What is it with phones today? This time max picks his up.

We continue to sit in silence until max comes in smiling like a meerkat, what has he done?

"Dan? How would you like to be driving next year?" he asked and shot a smirk in Daniel's direction.

"I would love to?" dan questions.

"Ding ding ding, correct answer as a reward you receive a 2-year contract as red bulls test, reserve driver and at least 3 races next season?"

" wait seriously? Whose car would I be driving for those 3 races?" dan's face started to brighten.

"Mine." max nonchalantly says.

"Max think this through if I don't get the podium I would feel terrible." dan's smile starts to fade.

"No offence Lando but dan, you haven't been in a good car since Redbull" Yuki says out of nowhere.

"Don't worry I drive a shitbox" lando turns around to ruffle Yuki's hair.

"Language but if your sure?" max picks up his phone and says.

"He said yes we'll see you next race to do contact. Later boss" he puts his phone down and hugs dan, swaying him side by side and thanking him.

"Oh no now we've got the dup back together best wishes us luck stopping these two from getting in trouble. " seb speaks as he finishes getting everyone's workout smoothie ready. Lewis give us our one by one than lead the way to the gym which we had booked out the night before. I went straight to the weights and did some stretches. Checo and lewis follow and start setting my weights for me. Once I was ready I lay underneath and lewis spotted me. Doing a few reps. After a while, we switch and then put on a yoga video to relax our muscles after the stressful morning as normal max and lando struggled whilst I lewis and seb all exceeded. The rest of the day was to relax which we did by visiting the shops and watching movies, maybe a few other activities for a few of us, George Carlos and Charles. Let's just say Charles looked worse than yesterday.

Charles's pov

Fucking Spanish and British. I'm not letting them touch me for a week after that.

"Count yourselves lucky that I don't get Seb or Lewis up here, to fuck your brain out." I huff and sit in the bath.

"Love you know that we could take them," George replies.

"Really? Lewis, would you like to test this theory?" Seb calls from outside the bathroom door.

"You actually texted them? You're horrid!" Carlos exclaimed. They were quickly escorted away.

George's pov

"You're not actually going to do anything right?" I asked Lewis

" you know your safe word right?" he whispered in my ear and slowly stripped me. You don't need to know the rest, you horny buggers.

Carlos's pov

Seb dragged me away and pulled me over to his bed.

"I feel like you should get the same fate as Charles and almost certainly George. Wouldn't you say so?" he smirks and drags me to lie on the bed.

" fucks sake," I say. Let's just say George Charles and I were definitely hurting when we sat down which earnt us some laughs from our dear boyfriends and girlfriend.