Chapter 30

3rd person pov

The doctors rush Max to the hospital leaving everyone worried they have never seen him like this, so broken. Max the lion becomes the weak little cub. Right now everyone is crowded in the waiting room with people clinging to the arms and legs of those around them, the doctor said they may not know till overnight. In terms of the Grand Prix, they've cancelled it and they will do it at a later date.

Carlos's pov

My heart is in my stomach. I haven't eaten all night and I can't sleep. Anna and I are the only ones awake right now while the rest all passed out as the night got later. It's currently 4.36 am. We haven't heard anything but the hospital has tried to convince us all is fine.

"Max Verstappen," the doctor said as he walked into the room. I looked around and saw Anna already approaching the doctor which I quickly followed.

"Hi doctor, Carlos Sainz and Anna Cela, boyfriend/girlfriend of Max. can you please tell us if he's alright?"

" first of all Mr Sainz, Max came in with extreme bruising and internal bleeding, he is lucky that all his vital organs are okay. Next, he will be able to make a full recovery but will be required to be in the hospital for a week before taking a further week's rest at home."

"What about his racing? When can he race again?" Anna asked.

"Max after his two week recovery will require around another 2 weeks at least to adapt but we would recommend taking two months so he will be comfortable I understand he is wanting to race the next one, so we will try our best. Also, he is currently awake so would like to see him?"

"Please, can we?" we follow the doctor towards the room max is in as we enter I see max hooked up to a bunch of machines and his tired eyes open looking around the room when he spots Anna and me, they light up and he nods his head for us to approach. I quickly run up to him and watch any bruises lightly hug him. I pull away to see a few tears running down his face, Anna wipes them away and softly speaks to him.

"Jesus you scared us, Maxy. I'm so glad you're safe. It's all our fault if we didn't let you run off none of this would've happened" I expressed.

"No love, I'm a grown man. I should be able to look after myself." Max croaked out.

"No we knew the risk of your dad, none of this is your fault you went to your motorhome to reflect that's your personal space!" Anna said.

"It doesn't matter what done is done. Where are the others?" Max spoke, clearing his throat.

"They all tried to stay awake but ended up falling asleep at different times, would you like us to get them?"

"Yes please"

I left Anna with Max and made my way to the others who were mostly still asleep, I found that everyone but my boyfriends and girlfriend had left the hospital to get the car packed up and ready to leave. I first went over to Seb and shook him awake, I let him know max was awake and wanted to see them, he helped me get everyone else up and they followed me to his room before we went in I stopped them outside.

"Ok before we go in there are probably some things you need to know, he is blaming himself so just be careful about what you say and don't overwhelm him he still has to be out for around 1-2 months and I don't think he knows," I explained.

"Ok thank you, Carlos, I will let him know, but we need to be there for him."

Before we can speak anymore, Lando and Alex have already pushed the door open and practically launched themselves at Max, quickly responding Lewis and Charles grab them so they can't hurt him,

"Hey love, have you spoken to the doctor yet?" Seb asks as he sits next to him.

"Nothing yet he just asked me about pain, has he told you?" Max said.

Seb looked at me and I nodded. "He said it would be a minimum of 4 weeks recovery but he recommends 2 months till driving again which means..."

"I'll miss the next race. Fuck sake!" max realises. He lent into Seb's side and huffed.

" I think I speak for everyone when I say I don't care about racing, we can see if you can race it when it comes to it but we are not doing anything until you are fully cleared not after Charles and Anna's situation," Seb said.

"Yeah yeah, I get it. It's just annoying how we were just starting to make the car work when this happened. How long have I got to stay here?" max asks.

"About a week, depending on how well you recover then we'll make our way to Lewis's home here in the US before we all leave for the Monaco Grand Prix," I say at that Max huffs again.

"Sorry but couldn't help but mention this, how many houses do you own and can I have one?" Anna said to Lewis.

"Too many love, but in situations like this they come in handy.

2 months later

3rd person pov

Max was released after a week of monitoring, everyone kept a close eye on him. It was a quicker recovery than expected but they made sure he was completely healthy, he was cleared with a full bill of health. They spent the next week slowly introducing the f1 car to him until he was good as new. The FIA had pushed back the Monaco grand Prix allowing him time to recover.