52

The short getaway was the break that both Kira and Ryu needed. When they went back to the city, they felt refreshed and Ryu held Kira's hand for the duration of their drive.

He still could remember this morning when they went to the waterfall and made love there, and how she looked like a water nymph – making his heart beat faster every time he recalled the sensation and the way she was pliant in his arms.

He could feel his junior stirred only with the image of how Kira swam naked and how she writhed with him inside her and how her face was full of ecstasy afterwards – and he kissed Kira's palm.

"What are you thinking?" She smiled at him.

"You." Ryu pulled her for a kiss when the car stopped at the red light. "I have been thinking about how I want to do this ever since I met you."

"Sleeping with me?" Kira giggled. "Well, to tell you the truth, I have had hots for you too ever since I groped you on the supermarket floor."

"Wow, you're such a pervert." Ryu gasped exaggeratingly and Kira pinched his waist.

"Anyway, you have to refrain yourself from touching me when we're in public, Mr. Bodyguard. Otherwise there would be a lot of gossip and we would not be able to get the divorce. I bet that Charles Arashikawa has already planted people to investigate Reina's indecent relationships and make a fuss before the board meeting with the Kamisato Group."

"Hmm, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I mean, he could try his best, but in the end, his son was the problem and he knows it." Ryu kissed Kira's hand again. He was so addicted to her taste, he had a hard time letting her go.

"Still. Promise to be a good boy in public, and no touchy touchy." Kira wagged her finger in front of Ryu and he bit it playfully.

"Fine. In public. Does it mean I get to have my way with you in private?"

Kira suddenly felt hot all over when she remembered what happened yesterday.

"Fine. In private. The loser buys the winner chicken dinner." She blushed and looked away to hide her face.

Ryu chuckled at Kira's words and he wanted so much to squeeze her in his embrace right now. Too bad they were still in the middle of the road and it would be dangerous if he did that. It surely would make him want to do… more.

Then Kira's phone rang, and she took it out to see that Max Wolfe was calling her, and she picked it up right away.

"Yes? Sure. Thanks. See you." She ended the call and turned to face Ryu. "Max wants to see me. Can we go back and change first? I don't want to let him see that I have the same clothes as yesterday."

"Hmm, do we have to? You look gorgeous in those crumpled suits. Like someone was ravishing you all night yesterday on every possible surface."

Kira slapped Ryu's arm and he chuckled at her shyness.

"Fine, I'll take you back to Cain's place, then after we meet the lawyer we can have lunch. I'm starving because a certain vixen worked me out to death yesterday. Hmm, beef sounds good for stamina."

Kira pinched his arm and rolled her eyes in amusement.

"I'll buy you all the beef you want with Reina's card."

"I wonder if it still works after Reina obviously divorces Carter, but suit yourself, I should be able to sell my body if the card is declined."

"Fine! I will use my hard-earned money as the lowly police officer and buy you the highest grade of Kobe beef as much as you like. Satisfied?"

Ryu only smiled and squeezed Kira's hand and then proceeded to tangle their fingers together and kiss their joined hands.

"I am."

When they arrived at Cain's place, Jiwoo was nowhere to be seen, so Ryu pushed Kira against the wall and started to kiss her.

"Wear the skirt with the pearly thong for your meeting. For easy access." He sucked on her tongue and left her breathless.

"Easy access for the lawyer?" Kira acted like she didn't understand the purpose behind the request and it caused Ryu to growl.

"I'll kill him if he dares touch you." He bit her earlobe and she giggled before she pushed him away.

"Such a bossy attitude." But she liked it. "Now let me take a shower and change first. And by the way, your crotch is vibrating for a while now."

"Hmm, it's been like that since I'm not inside you."

"I mean your phone." Kira couldn't help but put on a stern face, otherwise they would not leave the bed. Ever.

"I know. It has been vibrating for a while." Ryu kissed her again and Kira groaned from frustration.

"Answer that, who knows if it's important."

"Nothing's more important than you." He kissed her again but then he finally took his phone out of his pocket. "Hmm, unfortunately you're right. I have to take this call."

"Fine. See you later." Kira kissed Ryu's cheek and entered her room while Ryu walked outside to answer the phone.

"This better be good."

"The divorce is done. Lightning fast, if I may add. Charles Arashikawa was very afraid that we would spread the news of what his good-for-nothing son did with his quote unquote artist friends behind everyone's back." Max chuckled. "Well, I supposed there's that. And also, Reina is going to attend the Kamisato meeting, bringing a surprise guest."

"She will?" Ryu frowned when he heard the unexpected news. "I thought she was going to abandon ship and disappear with the nice little nest I gave her. What's her deal?"

"I have no idea. She just called me and informed me that she will attend with two people. I guess one is her new beau, Detective Lee, Kira's partner."

"Hmm, what a beautiful story. Your point?"

"Nothing. Go back to your girlfriend – I assume you guys are already shacking up since you guys were MIA since yesterday. Oh and Kai called, he wants you to call him back pronto. Regarding The Eye and a new project."

"Okay, anything else?"

"Nah, see you soon."

Ryu ended the call and immediately called Kai.

He liked the young man, and he was as smart as himself – maybe even smarter – with a lot of new inventions under his belt, and he also did not hesitate to teach him things that he did not know.

In short, he owed his success to Kai, and he would do anything for him.

"Kai, I heard you're looking for me?"

"Ah, Ryu, yes. Can you come over? We need to talk about a new and very important project, and this is going to be on a huge scale."

Kai sounded so excited and he could hear people talking in the background.

"Sounds very crowded there. Are you home?"

"Yes, this is going to be a huge project and they are all really excited. Do you want me to open a portal for you?"

Hmm…

He was thinking about Kira and how she was supposed to meet Max, but he was curious as to what Kai's new project was. So he decided to call Max and tell him to come here instead of letting Kira leave alone.

"Yes, please open the portal in fifteen minutes, I need to make a phone call first."

"Sure, see you then."