CHAPTER 16: Sleep walkers

~A siren's song is made from the tears of heartbroken lovers
That is why the lustful and the wicked are drawn to her call
Her voice echos the pain and the sadness
That their blackened souls yearn for~

*****Nerrisa's POV*******

Act my age?"

What the fuck is that, "act my age?"

What do I care how old I am?

The ocean is old as fuck

It will still drown your ass with vigor

I sang loud and joyfully while feeling the breeze on my face and hair. Yup. This is exactly why I prefer bikes over cars. The thrill. It's just too tantalizing. I smiled, taking a deep breath and exhaling.

Well I lied about drifting off to sleep immediately. I couldn't sleep so I told Nai more like left a note that I was going out for a drive so I wouldn't worry her just in case she decides to check up on me at midnight.

Driving through the city at night when the streets were calm and almost empty had this tranquilizing effect it brought over me.

After about an hour of driving around with no helmet or biker outfits (just a tank top and shorts) I decided to visit the sea before heading home. It wasn't that far from the house anyways.

Parking my bike a few kilometers from the water, I took off my footwear and walked barefooted towards the water holding each one on each hand.

I walked in and felt the same way I felt the last time. Powerful. Recharged. Energized. At home. I felt my throat itch and proceeded to hum the song from the other night.

I continued humming for what felt like seven minutes not knowing it's actually been 45 minutes. Until I heard a dazed voice calling me from behind.

I turned around still humming and saw Kai, in his PJs looking like a lost puppy in a trance. I stopped humming and he seemed to snap out of it.

"NERRISA?" He called, surprised, as if I was the last person he was expecting to see, and looked around taking in his location. Does he not know where he is?

As if confirming my thoughts, he shook his heard and asked, "what are you doing here? Why am I here"?

Shocked, I looked at him, like bitch are you fucking serious? and he blushed.

"No, what I mean is why are "we" here and why are you in the water? It's freezing", he said and visibly shivered.

Concealing the shocked look on my face, I answered "Well, I'm in the water because I'm a swimmer and the water invited me in, and it may be cold and freezing but I don't get cold. Never have actually.

He seemed to find my answer even more confusing because a frown appeared on his face.

"I came here after taking a midnight drive round the city", I said and pointed to my bike, and besides I live not far from here which brings us to the question of why YOU are here".

"Last I checked and if my calculations are precise then you are a forty minutes drive away from your place, so what are you doing here Kai?" I asked him stepping out of the water.

He opened his mouth to speak but stopped and sucked in his breath as I came out then his cheeks reddened and I looked down and understood immediately.

My fucking clothes were sticking to my body and my erected nipples were very obvious because of that.

Should've gotten properly dressed.

Clearing my throat, I urged him to go on and he just went back to his confused state before replying.

"I swear I was asleep Nerrisa but then I felt something pulling me here, I don't even remember leaving the house or driving here", he said looking at his hands and only then did I notice he was holding his car keys.

I paused for a sec before asking him calmly,
"Do you perhaps, sleepwalk?" and he almost yelled,

"Hell no". I flinched a little at his outburst before counterattacking with a stern "Well explain this then".

Silence, total silence......

He seemed conflicted for some minutes and I could practically see the gears turning in his head.

After about a minute, he smiled shyly and answered, "I guess I do sleepwalk".

We stood side by side facing the ocean in silence, taking a deep breath I smiled and said, "Beautiful isn't it?" but he shook his head and said taking my hands in his, "more than beautiful, ethereal".

And for some reason I felt he wasn't talking about the ocean.

"Wanna go for a swim?" He suddenly asked in smiles and I was puzzled. I thought he was the one complaining that it's cold and freezing. Nevertheless, I nodded.

************************
After a while of swimming and goofing around in the water while also making small talks, we both lay on the sand, looking at the sky and admiring the stars.

"Thanks for tonight Nerrisa, I really had fun", he said breaking the silence. I only hummed softly as a response,too lost in the beauty of the night sky, to give a verbal response.

"The stars are beautiful aren't they?" I asked softly after a few minutes and he responded yet again with "more than beautiful, ethereal".......

This time I was sure he wasn't talking about the stars so I turned to him to find him already staring at me and my face heated up at the intensity of his stare.

Shifting closer, he continued. "......Dazzling, gorgeous, captivating", and he drew in to kiss me but just before our lips met he muttered, I thank that voice that called me out tonight.

Jolting up with speed, I blinked a few times and he also sat up looking at me like I'd grown seven heads.

"What do you mean, the voice that called you out tonight? I asked waiting for his response.

"Well, it was a voice that woke me up, I was asleep when I suddenly heard it, so calming and beautiful, captivating and difficult to resist".

"But the confusing part is I don't remember anything else, other than suddenly showing up here, with my keys in my hands meaning I drove here".

A voice, calming and beautiful, captivating and difficult to resist. Sounds familiar.

I looked at Kai and quickly muttered an apology, "I'm sorry but I really need to go", the gears in my head were turning and I just needed to get home and process this new information.

Looking confused, he asked "it's not because I tried to kiss you is it?" and I could see his face starting to heat up from embarrassment.

Chuckling, I replied, "no Kai, let's just say you're not the only one who started sleep walking all of a sudden".

He blushed in embarrassment and I added with a shrug, "it's not like it's the first time we'd be kissing or something" and his cheeks reddened.

"Walk me to my bike? I requested and he nodded before following me.

"Goodnight Kai, see you at the office?" I asked when we got to where I parked my bike and he nodded before mumbling, "good night Nerrisa".

Stifling a giggle, I put on my footwear, got on my bike and drove off.

A/n
I'm a jerk, I know and I'm so sorry to y'all especially Park Lander. It's been over 5 months since my last update and I really really wanted to update but writer's block fucked me hard and raw (with no condom lol) and I couldn't update PLUS I'm a human and I have issues too and I know I said this the last time but I'm back now and I promise to update frequently. I know this chapter is short compared to the previous ones but I promise it gets better with time.

Please bear with me my babies and hello my newbies. Thanks y'all for being here.

Nita Kim appreciates you💜