CHAPTER 6 The hallway conversation 2

A/n
Like I said in the previous chapter this chapter is the same as chapter 5, the only difference is that this chapter is in Kai's POV.

**********************************

Kai on the phone:
I know man, you don't have to keep reminding me but I can't just sit back without knowing how she's faring.

The voice on the other end
Sure enough man, seeing as you whipped for her, to be honest she'd freak out if she knew the kind of thoughts you had toward her.

Kai: okay that's enough man, I'll just hang around for a couple of hours more, hopefully I'll get to see her or hear some news about her.

Alright man, see you later.

I sighed for the hundredth time today, it's crazy not knowing how she's feeling, especially now that she's going through a lot, oh why do bad things happen to good people? I just hope my little mermaid is okay.

After a wandering about a little more, I find myself in a hall that had an "EMPLOYEES ONLY" sign on it's entrance but hey no one's about to come asking for my employee ID or whatever right? And even if they do I can just tell them that I'm lost.

Walking a little further on the employees block I hear an angry voice practically yelling a person's name,
GAVORNEE LES KIMBERLY! WHY ARE YOU QUIET? DO YOU FUCKIN' HAVE A DEATH WISH?

And surprisingly the voice belonged to Nerrisa? I wouldn't mistake that voice even if I lose my memory. And boy she sounds angry right now I almost feel pity for the said Gavornee.

Suddenly realization hit me, "Shit, Nerrisa's here? In the building? What if she sees me? What do I say? How do I respond? And now she's angry? Well I might as well get to the garage, get in my vehicle and run home. I thought.

But I came to see her, to know how she's faring, it'll be crazy to just leave like that and besides Delm would mock me forever if he found out I chickened out because I heard her voice.

Ugghh.... Think Kai.... Think of a plan or something. Suddenly I looked up and standing in front of me in all her glory was Nerrisa? Oh ok this wasn't how I planned today at all. She just stood looking at me with tears in her eyes? Wait was she crying?

I realized it was getting awkward and I decided to be a man and initiate a conversation. Smiling brightly I walked towards her and introduced myself, Hi I'm Kai, Kai Ford and I extended my hand for a handshake?

Way to go Kai, you just heard her yell at somebody, probably her coworker and now you're extending a hand? You? Someone she doesn't know? I looked at her and she seemed Conflicted?

Okay that was definitely not the reaction I expected but ok, it'll do. She seemed to have finally resolved the inner arguments she was having because the next thing I know she's replying me, Nerrisa, Nerrisa Hudson and she actually shook my hand?

Someone please tell me I'm dreaminggggggggg. Ok Kai deep breaths, deep breaths, say something, say something. Uuuuhhhmmmm.

Oh I know who you are, I replied rather too giddily, and I apologize for the awkwardness and all but you're like my mentor and all that. So talking to you is kind of a huge deal for me right now.

The first time I saw you compete 7 years ago there was just something about you and that fascinated me and I was so thrilled and I decided I was gonna be like you.

She seemed taken aback by that declaration because she looked at me like... like I suddenly grew 7 heads. Way to go Kai, keep rambling.

Suddenly her voice snapped me out of my own thoughts, "uuumm Mr..." She looked like she was struggling to remember my name but I was more than willing to tell her again and again if that's all it takes to be in her presence.