CHAPTER 13: Deja Vu

*****Kai's POV*****

"Day two and I'm right on time", I thought to myself, smiling brightly.

I got here at about 6:45 a.m and I'm well fed and prepared and I'm sure everything will go well.

I just have to wait till Nerrisa gets here.

At exactly seven, she strolls into the office and looked kinda taken aback that I was here.

Was she expecting me to be late today as well? I guess I have to correct the first impression I've already given her about me.

"Snapping out of her surprised state she went "Oh I'm so sorry", immediately rushing over and placing her hand on my forehead.

Are you okay now? Do you think you can practice today? Are you still feeling nauseous? Why didn't you call me and tell me you were here? I would've come earlier or at least dropped my key or something".

"Have you been standing here for long"? She finally pulls away and allowed me to speak.

Recovering from my shock and smiling brightly (too brightly if I may politely add), I said,

"Good morning Miss Nerrisa, I'm fine thank you, a good night's rest was all I needed and very strong for practice I feel great and I couldn't call because I didn't have your number", I say blushing a little at the last part.

Continuing, I said "it's okay you didn't have to come earlier and I haven't been waiting for long, I mean I just got here about fifteen minutes ago and I wanted to apologize for being a burden yesterday and also let you know that I'm super grateful, I said answering all her questions.

She sighed in relief and opened her bag to bring out the office key and I couldn't help but smile, she's the nicest person in this world and she's an amazing boss.

She's so worked out and she looked guilty because she saw me outside her office, not all bosses would react the way she did.

Some would've just ignored me or leave a sarcastic remark or something about me coming on time today but no my angel made sure to surprise me yet again.

****************************
Time flew by so fast and it's almost 12 noon, and I'm frustrated at myself because I just can't seem to get it right, and I groaned out my frustrations not bothering to hide it.

If me the student is feeling this way then I wonder how frustrated my coach is, I looked at her sitting at the edge of the pool and she looked at me and smiled in encouragement while I just gave her a small nod of acknowledgement.

After groaning a few more times, my groans seems to touch her because she got in the pool and swam effortlessly to where I was and spoke calmly to me.

"Look Kai", she started, I never told you that you'll get the hang of it in a day or even in a month, it takes time she said smiling reassuringly.

"Was it this way for you too"? I asked and she laughed "um unfortunately no, I started swimming at a very young age so I guess you could say I was born with it, but it doesn't mean everyone in the agency was perfect too, they all went through the same thing you're going through, if not worse", she added making me sigh.

"Just be determined and never give up, one secret is to never forget why you are doing this", she said.

"Never forget your driving force and always believe you can do it, I trust you", she said in an encouraging manner.

That was all I needed.

"Coach can I go again"? I asked her, sensing my determination she smiled and said "of course".