CHAPTER 3 The Dream

Please note that in this chapter, the normal writings represents the present, the bold writings represents the past and the italics represents the thoughts....

         ****************************

For starters, I've been swimming for half, if not all my life and I could hold my breath underwater longer than most folks could,as well as see clearly even without goggles.

It started at grade school when we had this really cool pool party at Nai's place which her parents threw to celebrate some sorta business success and I was accidentally pushed into the pool.

Everyone was panicking thinking I had drowned with no life guard on sight but I was just underwater, wondering how and why it's blue and more beautiful than the surface.

So it's damn well funny that I almost drowned today when I am not new to swimming.

The truth is, I've been hearing Nai's voice in my dreams for the past few weeks but I just shook them off because they were things she would say to me on a daily basis.

Things like oh common now we're gonna be late, you're so dead when we get home, wanna have a bite? Etcetera Etcetera...

But today was different, Nai used a word she hasn't ever used on me before..

.....Flashback to 7 hours ago.....

The announcer had just called out each participant to go stand in front of the pool and in their various positions and purposely called my name last when the number on my swimsuit clearly said 1.

Trust Vornee to always make a dramatic scene when it comes to calling me and trust my fans not to disappoint when it comes to cheering.

I walked gracefully and in smiles to my spot in my ocean blue swimsuit which kinda blended in with the water whenever I was underneath it.

(Thanks to Nai for custom making it for me) and I blew a kiss at Vornee the "announcer" while he faked a gasp clutching his chest, so dramatic, I smiled.

"Nerrisa marry me, let's have kids and train them under the water, you're so pretty, you're my role model, go out on a date with me", my fans shouted from all sides and I couldn't help but laugh at the first comment, and then it happened.

Just as the whistle was about to be blown so the competition could start, I heard a fan say loudly....

"Nerrisa, I love the way your swimsuit blends with the water and the way you create a path when swimming I'm thinking of giving you a name which meaning relates to the water", the fan said.

I turned back and urged the fan to say it but as he was about to, Vornee blew the whistle and just as I got into the water I heard him scream "PARTHENOPE".

Immediately Naiddy's voice was all I could see and hear inside the water, turns outs the phrases in my dream all had a name attached to it,

"oh common now PARTHENOPE we're gonna be late, you're so dead when we get home PARTHENOPE, PARTHENOPE,wanna have a bite??

But this time there was a new one which I could not only hear but also see. Under the ocean hiding between rocks and plants with a mischievous grin on was..

ME? my eyes took in the figure and my breath got caught up in my throat.
I had a tail?Super long hair, Webbed hands and Scales on my body?