𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Dylan's Pov

Colorado, Denver

October 16, 2020 – 11:26 P.M.

My only instinct was to put my hands behind Jade's head as soon as I saw her fall to the ground, I knew this was too much and I shouldn't have agreed to have this little meeting. Unfortunately, a part of me wanted to tell her everything I've been hiding from her for years, but telling her all at once was too much for her.

- Is she okay? – Mary asked, kneeling next to me.

- I don't know...Do something.

- What exactly do you want me to do?

- You're the witch, you're the one who knows what to do.

- You...

- Okay, let's calm down a bit – Kathy put herself between Mary and me – Obviously we're all nervous so let's take a deep breath, okay?

- I don't have to...

- Take a deep breath – she looked at me with that deadly look of hers and I rolled my eyes – Asshole.

- Idiot.

- Stupid.

- Uh, guys? – Gabe's voice trembled and when my sister and I looked at him, the poor guy shuddered all over the place – S-She uh...W-We...– I smiled when I saw him so scared, but Mary tapped me on the shoulder as she stood up.

- What Gabe is trying to say is that we should take her to the bedroom and let her rest.

I wrapped my arm under Jade's legs and held her carefully, her body was limp and I felt how it hurt me to see her in that state but I could feel her breathing on my neck and that relieved me. I put her on the bed and brushed away the strands of hair that covered her face, I left a soft kiss on her forehead and left her quietly in the room.

I sat back down in the armchair in the living room, I closed my eyes and I tilting my head back, and finally I sighed. I listened intently to the murmurs between Kathy and Mary, Kathy's words were determined and harsh while Mary's were hesitant and soft. At the same time that I heard them talking, I also heard Gabe's fast heartbeat, and I was sure that if I looked at him his heart would jump out. It's not like I didn't want to scare him, it's just that Jade wouldn't like it very much if I did, so I decided to keep quiet and looking down at the floor.

Ah Jade...Where do I even start? There are not enough words to be able to express everything she makes me feel. There's nothing in this world that I wouldn't do for her. Only her makes me feel this tingling inside me, she's the only thing in my head, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year. And every time she's away from me, everything in me hurts. Without her I'm nothing, I am nobody. She makes sense of my life, she is my life.

When I was forced to stay away from her, it was the worst years I've ever lived, but it was to protect her. I was out of control, adolescence is dangerous, but a werewolf teenager? God, I don't even want to imagine what could have happened if I hadn't stayed away, I could have hurt her, or worse, I could have killed her.

I knew I was breaking her heart, but I'd rather she hated me than be dead, I could wait. And that's what I did, I waited until I had my inner wolf under control so I could go back to her but as expected, she hated me. I don't blame her, I hated myself too. Her beautiful heart still belonged to me and I would have it back, no matter what the cost. Obviously, it didn't take long for her to give in, and that's a good thing because I wouldn't be able to contain all my impulses for much more time.

Her lips were too attractive, they were calling to me all the time and it was hard for me not to grab her waist, bring her closer to me to feel her body against mine and let our tongues touch inside our mouths. It was too provocative to know that she would blush so easily as soon as our gazes met, it was too much for me because I knew that at any moment I would devour her.

Mary's hand rested on my shoulder and I looked up to look at her blues, she smiled sweetly at me and I stood up. I saw Kathy put on her jacket and grab her helmet, she gave me a short wave and walked out the door. Mary sat next to Gabe while I put on my coat, I glanced at Gabe who was still nervous.

- Don't worry, Gabe – I whispered looking away from him, I didn't want to scare him any more – She'll be fine.

- Dylan is right, Jade just needs to rest.

- You brought your car, right? – I asked and he nodded – Then go home, if anything happens we'll call you.

- O-Okay.

He got up and said goodbye. Mary looked at me with fear in her eyes, she was staying positive to not worry Gabe but deep down she was just as scared as he was.

- I'll call Liam – I murmured as I opened the door – I'll let him know what happened, I'll be right back.

I left before she answered. I sat down on the step and marked Liam's number as I stared up at the dark sky just illuminated with the moon and a few stars. I knew he hadn't told Jade the truth yet, neither he nor her mother, neither of them had the courage to face the truth but Jade was already starting to enter our world and we needed to tell her everything.

I wasn't sure how she would react when she finds that Liam is also a werewolf and that her mother is a witch, but it wasn't my job to tell her, it was theirs. Sooner or later she would find out, but now was the perfect time to talk about everything. Knowing that Jade doesn't care what I am makes me feel better, especially after so long of holding back the secret.

It was a quick call, Liam understood what had happened and made me promise him that I would protect Jade, which I would no doubt to do. I went back inside the house and Mary turned to look at me, I sat on the couch next to her.

- Do you want to sleep here or in the room with Jade?

- I want to sleep with her. You don't mind, do you? – I looked at her.

- No, I know that you want to be around her.

- Thank you.

- I'll be in my room, if anything happens call for me.

- Yeah.

I saw her walk away and into her room. A few minutes later I went into the guest room of Mary's house, grabbed the chair and put it next to the bed, I sat down and just watched how Jade slept. She was breathing slowly and calmly but her heart was beating like crazy, I put a hand on her cheek and caressed her gently.

- I'm here, Jade – I whispered to her – Nothing and no one will hurt you, I promise. 

What I said seemed to calm her down, as her heartbeat started beating again in a steady rhythm. I take a deep breath in relief and I put my hand on hers, I straightened up in the chair and prepared myself to stay awake for the night, because I wasn't going to take my eyes off Jade, not even for a second.