𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Colorado, Denver

October 16, 2020 - 1:08 P.M.

I went into the cafeteria and Kathy came up behind me, both she and I had been late finishing the work the math teacher had told us to do, and maybe it had a little to do with the fact that we didn't like math. Mary and Gabe were already seated with the trays of food and I felt sorry to go to the same table as them and ruin their opportunity to be alone.

- Are you thinking what I'm thinking? - Kathy asked and I looked at her as she stood in line and grabbed a board - Mary and Gabe.

- We should sit at another table.

- Yes - she chuckled but quickly stopped when Dylan came and tousled her hair - You asshole!

- I hate you too.

It was impossible to put up with the two of them together, especially when Dylan teased Kathy on purpose, he loved to see how angry she was. He looked at me, oh no.

- Jade - he approached me.

- Dylan, if you want to eat, go to the back of the line - Kathy complained to her but it was useless, he wouldn't listen to anyone - If you don't want to eat, then get the fuck out!

- No one cares.

- I do!

- I don't.

- Dylan - I murmured - Don't bother her.

- Okay.

- You look like a trained dog - Kathy whispered and I blushed with embarrassment.

- What did you say?

- Didn't you hear me?!

- Yes, I did, I just want to see if you have the courage to say it again.

- I say that you look like a trained dog! - Kathy said laughing, they are going to kill each other - You obey Jade just like a dog obeys their owners, what a good boy you are.

I felt my face burning with embarrassment, I put the plate with the food on the tray and just walked out of line ignoring them, I started to walk towards the table where Mary was but a scream from Kathy made me turn around and I slipped on the floor.

- Jade, watch out!

The tray flew out of my hands, the plate fell and broke scattering food everywhere, the cutlery flew and made noise when it fell to the floor and I felt a pain in the palm of my hand when I tried to get up. There were pieces of glass all over the place and I accidentally cut my hand with one of the pieces of the glass.

I looked at my hand and saw the blood flowing, oh, it's a dream again. One hand grabbed my arm and I looked up, Dylan was holding me and Kathy grabbed me on the other arm, they both lifted me off the ground without any difficulty.

- Jade, are you okay? - he asked me but I wasn't able to answer, I saw Mary and Gabe approaching us - Jade!

- Huh?

I started looking around the canteen, some students were looking at me and others just ignored the fact that I had fallen but I wasn't worried about it. This was a dream and I knew what was coming, I didn't hear growls or see shadows anywhere but I still felt the blood running down my fingers.

- Jade, oh god, you're bleeding - Mary said worriedly and Gabe petrified as if he'd never seen blood before.

- Where did you slip?

Kathy asked as she cleaned my pants, this is just a dream, isn't it? I looked at Dylan who was still holding my arm, his fingers were squeezing me and I was starting to feel pain. I heard Gabe mumble something and it seemed to grab the attention of all of us, Kathy stopped cleaning me and looked at me, Mary turned around facing Gabe and Dylan's grip eased gently.

He was stuttering and his body began to tremble, his gaze met mine and we both remained fixed on each other. His brown eyes began to change color, I was in shock, they were glowing, they glowed in such a beautiful blue color that they could mesmerize me.

- Gabe, control yourself - Mary whispered but he was shaking so much he couldn't speak, she looked at Dylan - Do something.

- Gabe.

Dylan growled so hard it made me shudder, I looked at him and his eyes were red, as red as the blood dripping from my cut. This is a dream, right? I had so many questions, but first I needed to know if this was real or if it was just another dream.

- Dylan? - he looked at me, the red of his eyes was so intense that it reminded me of the moon in the dream - Dylan...

- It's okay, Jade - he whispered and his eyes returned to their normal color - Don't be afraid, Jade.

- We've got to get them out of here, Gabe can't control himself.

- We can go to the gym, it's empty at this hour.

- Gabe, let's go.

- Mary, I'll take him, you treat Jade's wound.

They kept talking to each other but my attention remained on Dylan, neither of us looked away and we were both still in the same place.

- I need to know - I whispered, he slid his hand down my arm and held my hand - Is this real?

- Very much.

- Who are you?

- I'm still me, Jade.

- Should I believe that?

- Why do you think I've changed?

- Because I have no idea what just happened - he laughed - I don't see the fun.

- Oh Jade, I thought you'd never find out.

- Find out exactly what? Because I still don't know what that was.

- Promise not to run away.

- No.

- Promise.

- I'm not going to promise anything - he squeezed my hand, maybe that's how he was going to stop me from running away - I'm scared so I can't promise you won't run away.

- Have you always been so honest?

- Would you rather that I lied to you?

- No, I'd rather you to be just the way that you are.

- Perfect, because I wasn't thinking about changing.

- You want the truth? - he raised one of his eyebrows - You think you're ready?

- Yes.

- If you run away, I'll chase you - he leaned over, bringing his lips closer to my ear - And if I catch you, I'll punish you for running away - I blushed deeply, it was strange to hear his voice so seductive and it made my heart beat like crazy inside my chest - Do you understand?

- Y-Yes.

- I'm a werewolf - I felt his lips brush against my skin and his voice sounded like a low growl as if it were a confirmation for what he had just said - And I don't have to say how eager I am to eat you.

- E-Eat?

- In a good way, Jade - he kissed my neck - I would never dare to hurt you, I like you too much to hurt you.

- W-We ugh...We should go.

- Should we?

- Yes!

He laughed and walked away. I felt his hand on my back and he started to guide me out of the cafeteria, in the hallways we went after Mary and Kathy who were holding Gabe's arms.