COURT

Danielle's POV :

I woke up and realized I was alone in bed. No sign of Stefania.

I made my way downstairs and my girlfriend was sipping coffee, so focused on her iPad that she didn't even notice me.

"Hi my love," I said approaching her.

She jumped a little.

"Ciao," She kissed my lips and I sat next to her.

I looked at the screen to see that she was rehearsing what we were going to say at the hearing today.

"Are you nervous ?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Are you ?" She asked back.

"Yes but I believe our lawyer and after what happened yesterday I'm pretty sure we have all our chances," I explained.

Stef nodded and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Still tired ?" I questioned.

"Poor Charlie couldn't settle..."

"I know, I heard her cry at 3 in the morning,"

"That's when I went to sleep with her but she was too anxious to close her eyes," Stef said.

"I'm gonna see how she is," I announced and stood up, kissing my girlfriend on the way.

When I opened the teen's door, she was sitting on her bed, holding her knees close to her chest, tears soaking her cheeks.

"Oh Lottie..." I sighed, seeing the state she was in.

"I- I didn't-" She stuttered and almost immediately broke into another fit of sobs.

"I know, I know," I cooed.

"Come here," I said sitting on her bed and bringing her close to me.

"Why do- does it keep happening to me," She cried into me.

"I don't know and I'm sorry you can never rest,"

"I'm sorry you can't be peaceful," I added, stroking her hair knowing it was what calmed her the most.

"Do you know what is happening today ?" I carefully asked after a few more minutes.

"The hea- hearing," She stuttered.

"You know that Stefania and I have asked about having the rights on you ? Being your guardians ?"

She raised her head from my chest and looked at me.

"Like parents ?"

I smiled.

"Yeah, you can see it like that, but you can also see us as friends, adult figures or extended family whatever you feel the most comfortable with sunshine," I explained softly.

"I like it as parents," She said shyly and placed her head back on my chest, right above my heart.

It made my whole body flutter, hearing her talk about us as parents.

"I think we should start to get ready soon," I announced after a few more minutes of cuddles.

Lottie tightened her hold of me.

"Come on, we don't want to be late sweetheart," I said.

She groaned but stood up.

She watched like a deer caught in headlights as I rummaged through her closet to find a proper outfit to go to the court.

"Do you think we could manage a quick bath ?"

"So we won't have to do it tonight if you're too tired," I explained.