ALONE

Danielle's POV :

I walked on set and immediately spotted Stefania.

"Hey you." I grinned pulling her into a soft hug.

"Ciao bambina. How do you feel ?"

"Terribly anxious." I responded honestly.

Today was my first day as a director AND as an actor.

Playing was something I did since I was very young. But directing was a whole new experience and I hoped I would be capable of creating a great episode.

"You worked so much for this. It will be fine." She comforted me and hugged me again.

I felt safe in her arms.

Stefania's hugs were soft, warm and the best when you weren't feeling good.

A small figure appeared on set and I recognized Charlotte.

She was on the first scene I was going to direct but I knew she was very professional despite her young age so I was not worried about her.

"Alright everyone ! Can we all gather here please ?" Krista asked.

"I want everyone to welcome Danielle as our director for the week. Make her feel comfortable, remember she is our friend, our coworker but today she is also our director."

They all nodded and I smiled gratefully. My friends were supporting me and it was very important to me.

Charlotte was hiding a little and not talking to anyone.

I warmly smiled at her when she looked at me and she gave me a gentle smile back.

"Well, let's get started." I announced.

Emily was behind me the whole time as we filmed the first scenes.

Everything ran smoothly.

Charlotte was an incredible actress but as soon as we were not shooting, she was standing lonely, looking around her like a deer caught in headlights.

At the end of the day, Barrett suggested we go have some drinks to celebrate my directing debuts.

I gathered my files and took my keys before walking to my trailer where I noticed Charlotte, struggling to open the door of hers.

"Hey sweetie, everything's good ?"

"They- I- it's locked."

"Don't you have the keys ?"

"No, yesterday it was open." She answered anxiously.

"I think the cleaning team came and locked it." I explained and looked at my watch. "But the front desk is closed, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to grab a key." I said sadly.

Charlotte's body tensed up and she looked down.

"You can borrow my trailer for now !" I suggested cheerfully.

"I'm going to come home, it's okay. But thank you." She said starting to walk away.

"Are your parents picking you up ?"

She froze for a few seconds before turning towards me.

Her face hang low and she whispered "Yes, they're on their way."

I nodded unsurely and she left silently.

I got ready quickly in my trailer and joined my friends outside.

"Ride with me." Whispered Stefania in my ear.

"Okay." I blushed and sat on the passenger seat.

We drove in a comfortable silence until I spotted someone walking in the dark on the sidewalk.