BACK

Danielle's POV :

We ran to the car and drove as quickly as we could to the police station.

We stopped in front of the big office.

"We're here for Charlotte Rayne," I said rapidly, my heart beating fast in my chest.

"Name ?"

"Savre Danielle and Spampinato Stefania." I answered, trying not to lose my temper over the very slow policeman.

"She's here ?" Stefania couldn't help but ask.

"She just arrived. Officer Johns is with her, he is going to meet you in a minute."

I nodded and waited for what seemed like ten minutes but in reality it was only a few seconds.

"Miss Savre, Miss Spampinato," He shook our hands.

"Can we see her ?"

"Is she okay ??" We asked totally panicked.

"She's here, that's all we know."

"She's completely closed up, we're hoping you'll be successful in making her talk, she asked for you both." He smiled sadly.

God, my baby...

We followed officer Johns to the second floor where he led us to a private room.

The moment he opened the door, I saw Charlotte.

She was curled up in a ball on a single chair in this small, dark room.

"Lottie ?"

"Charlie baby ?"

She raised her head and her eyes fixed upon us.

"Hi sunshine," I said smiling, my voice cracking a little.

"D- Danielle ?"

"It's me, it's Dani," I said, not daring to come closer to her, even if what I wanted the most was scooping her in my arms.

"St- Stefania ?"

"I'm here Charlie." She said reassuringly.

Charlotte suddenly stood up and ran towards us before collapsing in my arms.

"Oh Lottie..."

She clung to me for dear life, pulling on my clothes.

"I'm here, I'm here," I said and picked her up.

Her legs wrapped around my waist and her arms around my neck.

Stefania stroked her back up and down, soothing the teen.

"We'll need a statement from Charlotte, the sooner the better." The police officer announced.

"She's in shock right now."

"I'll call you when she's ready." I said firmly.

I heard Lottie whine at my tone so softened and held her tighter.

"We're coming home baby girl."

"You should get her checked just in case. There is no sign of injury but better safe than sorry." Officer Johns advised.

I nodded and walked downstairs, my girl still in my arms.

In front of the car, I decided to drive, so handed Charlotte to Stefania.

"Gnnnh- noooo" She cried softly.

"Come on bambina, come to me, I'll hold you." Stef said gently.

She managed to take Lottie from me and held her close.