meetings and greetings

Publish date: 8 October 2023

Word count: 2203

Warnings: N/A

Song:
What is love??? -JU!iE

A/N: Hi guys... I'm so sorry it has been almost a year till this chapter. I have been busy as hell, and I didn't really have an idea of what to write. So, if you guys have suggestions about future chapters, let me know.

I don't know if my posts are going to be frequent or not, but I'll try my best not to disappear this time! I really want to finish up this book for you guys. Thank you so much for supporting my book and for my old readers. I'm so sorry, and if you are reading this, thank you so much, really.

Oh yea since I haven't published for so long I forgot details about the book. So please let me know if I'm missing out on something or got somethings wrong

Oscar is doing so well as a rookie this year, man. Like he won a race (sprint race) like his first year here? Damn. He has also been so calm and mature about everything. Respect.

If you guys have any songs as well, let me know!

Adeena's POV

3 hours later...

We were at my Aunt Sharon's house right now, lending a hand.

Every year, my family would typically be the first to arrive. Mum and I handled food prep, while Dad and Jake rearranged tables and chairs. The younger ones usually just camped out in the living room, watching TV.

This year, Oscar sat with Kayla and Jeraiah. Aunt Sharon insisted he relax, considering it was his first celebration with us.

"So, Adeena, how did you meet Oscar?" Aunt Sharon inquired. Currently, my aunt, mum, and I were in the kitchen. My aunt was cutting fruits for Oscar and the kids, while my mum and I were preparing a salad and Aglio Olio. We scaled back on cooking this year, as with each family was bringing a dish.

"Oh, well, I actually bumped into him on the plane-"

"Wait, what?! For real?" My aunt cut in.

"Yeah, my friends and I were headed to Monaco for a holiday and to celebrate my birthday. He just happened to be seated next to me. Like, the row adjacent. He woke me up when we landed, turned out he was staying at the same hotel. Oh, and he accidentally spilt coffee on me when we first met at the hotel." I chuckled at the memory.

"What happened next?" My mum asked, intrigued. It just occurred to me that my mum wasn't fully notified either.

"Oh, he gave me his shirt to change into. Later, he invited my friends and me to join him and his friends for dinner. We all clicked, so we ended up spending most of the trip together. That's the gist of it." I shrugged while pouring out the pasta water reserving some of it.

"Wait, that's it? You two got together in Monaco or what?" My aunt probed, digging deeper.

"No, we got together a few weeks ago, but we've been talking for three months. It's a bit complicated to explain. After Monaco, we met up at a cafe near my school. His team is based in Italy." I decided to exclude the part about him ghosting me. That's... ancient history.

"Whoa, that sounds like a plot from a drama. Has he been treating you well?" My aunt handed me a piece of watermelon.

"Yeah, he really has. Well, apart from the fact that he can't cook for me, he's been great." I smiled softly.

"Aiyoo, Nana is in love." My aunt and mum teased. I tried to shush them, but their playful teasing only got louder.

Sigh.