patience

Published date: The 22nd of April Year 2022
Word count: 769
Warning: N/A
Song: Forever (Clever, Justin Bieber, and Post Malone)

A/N-
Hi guys this is going to be a really short chapter but an important one ig? Anyways I will finish most of my exams in 2 to 3 weeks so whatever free time that I have I will try to write if I can. So 🙂👍 Anyways I'm watching qualifying while writing this and it's like 12am right now. I'm half asleep. Anyways Aston Martin in Q2🤨 woWww and Zhou Woww sir. Albon's break BOOM was a little scary. And sainz in the wall 😪. Mclaren making a comeback?? Okay I'll shut up now. NightS.
THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT BY THE WAY. 我爱你们。<3

Adeena's Pov
I walked down the street alone.
It has been weeks since I have seen Oscar.
I have been doing anything I could to avoid him.
However, it seems as if someone is trying to glue us together.
Wherever I go, he's there.
When I rush out he chases after me till I'm out of his sight.
He hasn't caught me yet but every encounter, he seems to get closer and closer and closer.
I go into my usual coffee shop, keeping my head down as I ordered.
I was scared, embarrassed and anxious all at the same time. I was annoyed with myself.
"Adeena, your coffee is ready." I don't like coffee but I haven't been able to sleep these days. Head full of thoughts.
"Thanks." I grab my coffee and walk out.
"Adeena?" I look behind me and see the one person who I have been so desperately trying to avoid.
I run for it.
I don't even care that my coffee is spilling bit by bit onto my brown shoes. I don't care that my cap I have been wearing just flew off my head. I don't care about how tired I feel.
However, I run into a dead end.
Shit.
"Hey." Oscar finally catches up and grabs my wrist while his other hand has my cap. "Why are you trying to avoid me?" Oscar asks, frustration in his voice.
When he sees me trembling, his gaze softens.
"I'm so sorry. So, so sorry." My voice comes out barely above a whisper. All the emotions I have been keeping spilled in my voice.
"Hey, hey. It's good. Everything's fine-" Oscar took his hand off my wrist and put it on my shoulder instead.
"You probably hate me now. I'm so sorry." I dragged him into my life so sudden. I know he was curious to find out why I couldn't sleep but what I told him was too much.
"Hey, it's okay. I don't hate you. If I hated you, do you really think that I would be doing all this for you?" I was silent.
"Everyone goes through their own problems. Everyone needs to have a person they can talk to freely." He thinks for a minute.
"If you can open up to me. I can be your person. If I can open up to you, you can be my person." I don't know why but even with all the monsters in my head, he still manages to give me butterflies. He gives me peace of mind.
"Why are you so nice to me?" I ask, my voice weak.
"You really can't tell?" Oscar asked with a hint of disappointment, embarrassment, confusion and another feeling? I couldn't pinpoint it. Not at the moment. "Oh you really can't." He chuckled a tint of disappointment in his laugh.
"I like you." I froze.
I knew that there was something between us when we were in Monaco.
I knew that there was a feeling between us that I haven't really felt before but had a tiny taste of when I was in a relationship.
However the feelings that I felt weren't as extreme as how I felt when I was with Oscar.
But I don't think that I'm ready, not yet.
I'm not ready to love someone when I can't even forgive myself.
I'm in a mess, I can't let my mess be his.
I like him.
A lot.
"I know you're in a mess right now. I know you're not ready but I can wait. I'll wait till you're ready, till then I'll be your best friend, your person." I smirked cheekily.
"Who said I liked you though?" Oscar froze for a second, disappointed then worried but finally determination crossed his face.
"If you don't like me yet. I will make you like me."