birthday

Published date: 19 January
Word count: 1069
Warnings: N/A
Song: I Lied (fifth harmony)

Adeena's Pov

It's my birthday today.

I know that my friends have probably already planned something for me, but I have no idea what it is.

Flashback to an hour ago

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! " I woke up to all my friends infront of  me, including Lily, Alex, Oscar, Yuki, Guanyu, Jüri and Robert, with a big cake with 20 big candles lighted up. The cake had 2 layers, piped flowers decorated one quarter, to show my love for gardening, another quarter was decorated with a space theme, to show my love in astronomy, the 3rd quarter was decorated with pictures of family and friends, one that was taken recently with the rest of Oscar's friend's, and the last half was decorated with a science theme, I guess, to represent what I was studying in University.

I was tearing up. I had been suffering from anxiety since I was 14, it has gotten better since, but before I met my University friends, my friends in Singapore would try to celebrate my birthday with me, a big party, going out in big groups, it all gave me anxiety so for all those years I have been celebrating my birthday alone, my mom was busy, I had to take care of my younger siblings. When I got to Italy, I finally met people who understood. Eventho they would still drag my to Paties once in a while.

"Make a wish." I locked my eyes with Oscar's then to the candles.

I wish I would find love

I wish for my friends and family to be safe and successful

I wish for World peace

And I wish that my plants have not died,

I forgot to ask someone to water my plants.

I blew the candle and they all clapped.

"Cut the cake, we haven't eaten breakfast." Hannah sarcastically said and rolled her eyes.

"People don't eat cake for breakfast." I told her.

"Please... you eat ice cream for breakfast." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Shut up. There're fit people around here." I eyed all the driver's standing in my room, making them laugh. I cut the cake and placed a slice on a tissue and passed it around for people to eat.

"By the way. 20 big candles means I would be 200 years old. 1 big candles is 10 years. Whoever got this really wants me to become an ah ma real soon." Every looked at me confused except Lucas and Guanyu. "Ah ma means grandmother, old lady." They all let out "oh" s and laughed.

"Guess Oscar wantd you to grow up faster." Alex joked. Oscar blushed, embarrassed, I gave him a small smile letting him know it was okay.

"Here is your ice cream cake." Fleur took a small little cake out of the hotel fridge.

"Thank you." The others looked at me. "What? I don't like cake, feels like I'm eating flavoured sponge." They laughed.