whipped

Published date: 12 July 2022
Word count: 962
Warnings: N/A
Song: 17 (Pink Sweat$)
A/N-
I'm having a huge writer's block and my mind is all over the place. I promise the next chapter will be longer and hopefully better. I'll try to get it done by Friday or Saturday. This is kind of a filler. 

Adeena's pov

We soon landed in Melbourne. Let me just say that I love traveling. I really do but almost a day on the plane is really bad for my back.

I barely got any sleep, but then again when do I ever? Oscar was pretty much asleep the whole time except for maybe 5 hours when we watched 2 movies together... kind of off. We watched it on our own screens but we played it exactly at the same time.

Oscar is a Koala, that's all I can say.

He was really cute with his black headphones and his hoodie that covered his eyes and hugged those small pillows they gave on the plane.

As soon as we were in the airport and I turned my data on there were so many messages... and some from Mr Anderson? He told me to call him as soon as I reached.

What could be so important?

Since Oscar and I were waiting for our luggage I decided to call him.

"Oscar, gimme a second I need to make a call." In which he nodded in response with a yawn, still very much half asleep.

Mr Anderson
Adeena

"Hello? Mr Anderson?"

"Oh hello, Adeena."

...

"Why did you ask me to call you...?"

"Oh yeah! You know that program they announced at the beginning of the year? Where they would be picking 2 students to go to Germany to work on a project and they would graduate from there."

"Yeah? I think. Why?"

"Well, you were picked! They were really impressed with you. "

"B-but why? I didn't even attend the interviews. I was in Monaco."

"Oh, they didn't like anyone who went for the interviews so they picked based on observation and scores of course."

"Oh..."

"So yeah, you'll be studying in Germany, if you choose to accept the offer. You have about 7 days to think about it. "

"If I accept it, when would I have to be in Germany? "

"Well, they would excuse you from the first two weeks to pack and settle everything so maybe mid to end of January? "

"Okay er thanks! I really don't know what to say."

"You don't need to say anything. You earned it. Well I have to get going but I'll see you back in school. "

"See you. "

Oscar's pov

I was still half asleep, but Adeena's joyful voice woke me up. What was she so excited about?

As soon as she got off the phone with a huge smile, which made curiosity got the best of me.

"Why are you so happy? " I raised my eyebrow.

"They offered me to go to Germany! They want me to work on this project with them and graduate from there. Oscar, do you know what this means!? Oh my gosh, only 2 people from selected universities are offered every year!" Her eyes lit up so brightly. Even brighter than my future.

Things are starting to take quite a turn for the better...

I smiled, happy for her. I mean yeah we would see each other less but I guess it was always going to happen. And this was just great for her.

Suddenly she hugged me. It threw me off a little as I stumbled back but I soon wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I'm so happy for you. " I whispered into her hair.

~

"Wait, Oscar, do you want a ride? My mom's coming to pick me up. We can probably drop you off." She suddenly stopped at the pick-up point.

"No, it's fine my cousin is coming."

"Okay!" She was so cute. For some reason, her joy just seems to radiate off her.

Soon I saw a familiar figure, or two...Wait 3? It was my cousin and Adeena's mother. Was my cousin holding a baby?!

"Hey, Oscar." He waved at me with his free hand.

Adeena's mom turned and looked at my cousin then back at me and to Adeena before the both of them finally reached us.

"Hello, Aunty Jo." I greeted Adeena's mom which earned me a "who's that" look from my cousin.

"Hey, mom." Adeena smiled which made my cousin raise an eyebrow and look between Adeena and I.

"Erm, this is cousin Christopher." I saw him cringe from next to me. "Just call him Chris. Chris this is my... er this is Adeena and this is her mother."

"Hello." Adeena greeted with her habit of nodding her head, slightly bowing. And so did her mom.

"Hi." Chris greeted them and then smirked at me. "Oh yeah!  This is my daughter, Julia. Emily gave birth a few weeks before you got here. Wanna hold her?" I nodded, excited. I guess I am an uncle.

We spent another 15 minutes talking. Julia was passed around between the 4 of us. Adeena's mom seemed to love babies.

After that, we said our goodbyes but not before Adeena's mom pulled me away for a moment to remind me about the plan.

"So is that your girlfriend?" Chris asked as soon as he got into the driver's seat after buckling up Julia.

"Er, it's kind of complicated. We are in the dating stage I guess." I awkwardly replied. This was the worst stage to be in, you had no idea what to call her.

"Wow, Oscar is finally getting a girlfriend." He clapped.

"And you finally have a baby after being married for 5 years. You're so old."

"Please~ I'm only 6 years older than you. Which means you have a year to get married." I rolled my eyes, smiling to myself as I thought about being Adeena's husband.

"Pfft You're whipped, dude." Chris looked from me and then back to the road.