Chapter 24 - We're not Dating

En başından başla

Denki glanced at Bakugou, who was mostly ignoring our presence, and decided to tease him a bit. "Hey, Bakugou, did you miss me this weekend?"

Bakugou didn't even look up. "Why the hell would I miss your dumbass?"

Kirishima laughed, patting Bakugou on the back in what was probably meant to be a friendly manner but ended up looking more like a friendly punch. "Come on, man, give Denki a break."

Iida, who had been silently listening to the conversation, finally closed his textbook and adjusted his glasses. "Good morning, everyone. I trust you all had a productive weekend?"

I chuckled as I walked over to Iida's desk, leaving Denki behind to talk with Kirishima and Bakugou. "Oh yeah, Iida. I slept for hours. Honestly, I really needed to catch up on sleep. What about you?"

"Well, mine was just gre-" Iida began, before being suddenly cut off by the sound of the door slamming open and a voice screaming at the top of their lungs.

"You guys won't believe what I just saw!" A pink girl spoke as she launched herself into the classroom at top speed.

"What?! What happened?" Iida asked, confused by the sudden uproar.

Mina squealed as she pointed to Denki and me. "I saw YOU and YOU holding hands!"

The atmosphere in the classroom shifted instantly. Kirishima wore a playful grin while Bakugou, as usual, looked unimpressed.

Bakugou huffed. "So what?"

Mina, undeterred by Bakugou's attitude, was on the verge of launching into another bout of excitement. "What do you mean 'so what'? They're the cutest couple, isn't this exciting?!"

Just then, the door opened again, and Hagakure, Ojiro, Shouji, and Asui walked into the classroom, clearly puzzled by the chaos within.

"What's with all the commotion?" Ojiro asked, his curiosity piqued.

Mina couldn't contain herself. "Y/n and Denki are dating! Isn't it adorable?" She exclaimed, her enthusiasm infectious as she shared the news.

Hagakure, Shouji, and Asui exchanged glances, surprised by the revelation. Ojiro raised an eyebrow, processing the news. Hagakure, full of excitement, clapped her hands together. "Oh, this is fantastic! Y/n and Denki, you two are going to be the cutest couple ever!"

Asui nodded, her wide eyes reflecting the collective surprise. "Ribbit... Yeah, it is."

Ojiro finally spoke up, looking over at Denki and me. "Congratulations, you two. That's great news."

Denki's face flushed with embarrassment, as he quickly tried to set the record straight. "Wait, hold on, guys. We're not dating."

Mina blinked, confusion written all over her face. "Huh? But I saw you two holding hands! And what about your date?!"

"Well we went on a date, but we're not dating." Denki scratched his head sheepishly.

I exchanged a glance with Denki, who appeared a bit conflicted. I felt like Mina had pushed us into a corner. The class seemed to collectively let out a sigh of relief, realizing their misunderstanding.

Mina's excitement dampened, but she quickly recovered, offering a sheepish grin. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I just got a little carried away..."

Kirishima patted her on the back. "It's all good, Mina. But hey, maybe we should set you up with someone."

The class laughed, and the mood lightened. I went back to my conversation with Iida, relieved that the spotlight had shifted away from us. It was a bit awkward to have so much attention drawn to our non-existent relationship, but I was grateful that only a few people had witnessed the mix-up. As more students arrived, our homeroom settled into its usual routine, and the lesson for the day began.