82. 𝙻𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎?

Chapter-82

Rose's POV

A week passed in a blur and a bliss.

I thought a lot about Henry's death and my reaction towards Donovan afterwards.

After I spoke with Carla, I rewinded our conversation again and again. And then, I realised something.

Chase killed Ken right in front of me, loading bullets into his head.
I couldn't sleep for a whole week.
I was haunted by nightmares.
I didn't step out of my home for a week. And then, Chase killed Thomas in his study, loading bullets into his head. I had a panic attack there because he grabbed me by my shoulder. It's one of my triggers. Denise helped me that day.

And now, Donovan killed Henry because he touched me inappropriately. What made me lose my consciousness was the brutality of the murder. I cannot forget his eyeless body.

I panicked because I heard Donovan's last few words before slashing his throat.

"She is mine"

"Nobody touches what's mine and lives to tell the tale"

Rest everything is still blurry.

And this....this made me panic, because, even that monster used to say this. And whenever he used those words, it didn't end up good for me. He made sure his words were drilled into my mind and even into my body.

I guess the utter madness in Donovan's eyes was an add-on to my panic.

When Donovan asked me whether Chase had killed anyone before, I lied to him. I lied purposefully. I wasn't defending Chase. At that time, the brutality of Henry's murder was messing up with my mental peace.

After thinking a lot about it, I called Rain. I told her everything about Henry and how brutally Donovan killed him and Rain was baffled by listening to my graphical description.

" I don't know how you are still sane. If I had witnessed it, I would have gotten fever, Malaria, Diarrhea, Cholera, Influenza, E.coli, and Dengue altogether.." Rain blabbered, after listening to the brutality of the murder.

I couldn't help but laugh when she said all these diseases' names in one go.

Maybe she is right. If anyone had witnessed it, they might have gotten all these diseases at a time.

That day, Rain told me Leon was kinda sad and was drinking much. I knew very little about their argument. I didn't tell her anything about it. I asked her to talk to him. She said she was cooking some food to cheer up his mood.

When we were sleeping, I asked Donovan to talk with Leon and he didn't say anything. So, I didn't push him.

For some reason, I knew, he would definitely talk to Leon and guess what?? he did. It came out surprising but I was quite expecting it.

He makes me happy. He does everything for me. That's what I think.

Now that my confusions are cleared, I am not avoiding or ignoring Donovan.

We are a couple but our relationship has no name. I heard him saying 'I love you' while I was having a panic attack. It was really sweet of him to do that.

But apart from that, he never confessed it, officially.

I do hope, he confesses his feelings to me.

Thoughts of confessing my feelings to him have been on my mind but I don't have that courage. What if he says...that it's not love or something like that?