Chapter 21: Ballroom Pt. 1

Leopold was sitting in the chairs away from the center of everyone's attention. It was the night of the winter dance which was being held in a ballroom on the campus of the academy. Everyone was chatting with one another or dancing or whatever, but Leopold was just sitting off to the side, watching the night play out. Zion had left to go find Amy a while before and with all of Leopold's girls still getting ready he was getting bored! "Can't they just be done already?"

"You seem lost in thought." Leopold turned his gaze to Leviathan who was walking toward him. "How are you doing, Leopold?"

"Alright." Leopold replied. "By chance do you know when Cinder or Breeze will be out here?"

Leviathan shook his head. "I know that both of them take forever to get ready, so I don't know when they'll be done. It's lucky for me that I don't have to watch Cinder and help her here and there tonight."

Leopold laughed. "So I guess she's a bit of a pain then?"

"You have no idea..."

It was nice to have someone to chat with. Leopold had developed a bit of a connection with Leviathan during the tournament, but he hadn't seen him since. "It's nice to see him doing so well..."

"So who are you were with?" Leopold asked.

Leviathan turned his head and pointed to the crowd just off from where the two boys were talking. In the midst of this crowd was a green haired girl who was getting some food for herself. "That's Emerald Overshine. Her brother is actually dating Ceil and their family is pretty close to the Kushida's. However, I'm only going as Emeralds friend and nothing more so we haven't done anything special."

That made sense. Leopold did remember that Ceil had been dating someone named Jack Overshine. "So aren't close to anyone then?"

Leviathan clicked his tongue. "I've never really been into anyone. There's something special I'm looking for, but I haven't found that in anyone yet..."

"Makes sense." Leopold said. "Well you can hang out with me for a while if you'd like. Zion left a minute ago, so I've just been left with my thoughts. And why don't you bring Emerald over as well!"

Leviathan nodded and called Emerald over. The green haired beauty walked over with her food and smiled at Leviathan. "Need something, Levi?"

"Leopold invited us over to chat. Want to?" Leviathan asked.

Emerald smiled and nodded, sitting in one of the chairs. "So then your the famous Leopold Stratus. I've heard a lot of things from my friends, although none of them were anywhere close to one another's descriptions."

Leopold laughed. "I see." The three chatted for a while until Leopold caught one of his girls out of the corner of his eye. "Well if you both don't mind, one of my girls is here so I must be off."

Leviathan nodded. "Good to see you, Leopold."

"Yes. I hope we can see each other again in the future." Emerald agreed.

Leopold then got up from his seat and walked over to where the girl was standing. She looking different from normal considering that she had to change her outfit for school, but Leopold recognized the hair.

"Good to see you, Mikayla." he greeted. "You look lovely."