Chapter 15: Academy 4

In the world of Vera, there are five hero schools posted around the world. The fifth is located on the border between Stashin and Kushida, but what about the other four schools? Just what do they have?

At Academy Four or "Hawk Eye Academy", the students specialize in accurate, long range attacks. Things like how and arrow snipers and shooting magic from several tens of hundreds of yards are a common thing here. Well, some have a bit of trouble...

"I wonder if big brother is doing alright... The letter said he was doing good, but I'm not sure..."  She was in the middle of a training exercise and completely lost in thought. "Maybe I can send I'm another letter soon!"

"Miss Charlotte!" a teacher called from the side of her. "I hope you're not daydreaming again. You're still the bottom of class D, so you need to work harder?"

"S-Sorry!" she apologized, focusing back on her assignment. "I guess I can worry about big brother later."  She look a deep breath and prepared to fire a blast of water at a target 50 yards. The water left her hand and soared toward her target, however curved at the end and missed the mark.

Charlotte's teacher frowned. "Again! What is up with your magic?!"

"I'm sorry..." Charlotte apologized. "I try, but it always messes up at the end..."

"I understand." the teacher reluctantly replied. "Go ahead and call it good for today. We can work on this tomorrow." Charlotte nodded and ran back toward the school building. 

It was like this about every day for Charlotte. Practice magic, fail yet again, and then walk back to other classes as a recurring failure... "But it doesn't really bother me. After all, I'll still try if I can get big brothers letters!"  She smiled.

"Hey, Char!" Charlotte was stopped by a voice behind her that was familiar. Black hair down halfway down the back, multiple daggers at the side, and amazing smile to light up the room. Well, except for her...

"Oh boy..."

Charlotte wore a fake smile and looked in their eyes. "Hello, Sol Charcoal. Can I help you with something?" 

"Why yes actually..." The boy replied. "You could take up that marriage proposal I gave you."

Charlotte sighed as the recurring deal. "This is the twelfth time so far you've asked me! Why do you want me to marry you so bad? If you wanted I'm sure there are plenty of other girls who would fall at your feet."

"And that's exactly why I want you!" Sol exclaimed. "You're the only girl who doesn't want me, which means that you and I are destined to be!" He wore is charm smile and looked at Charlotte as if to gain a hope of approval.

"What are you from a fantasy story or something?" Charlotte asked, rhetorically. Why couldn't he just go away? This was such a hassle...

"You know that I will just keep asking you until I get a yes, right?" Sol asked.

"Yes, but you also know that I'll always say so, right?" Charlotte shot back.

Sol sighed but nodded. "Yes, I'm aware. I'm not one to give up though, so I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Char." With that be bowed and proceeded to walk into a crowd of adoring fans.

Charlotte shook her head. "He's not rude at least, but why can't he just leave me alone? I don't see anything that would make me want to marry him, so just give up!"

"More trouble?" a blonde girl asked, coming up to her.