Chapter 9: Sibling War/Fire and Ice

Leopold waited in the arena for his battle with Ivory. The round had already started and the first match was Student Council President Lilia Dragoness taking on her brighter from class 1-A, Leviathan. "I barely know much about those two besides the fact that they don't seem to have a great relationship with one another..."

Leopold had first met Lilia when he arrived at the academy and she asked him to give a speech on why people from the forsaken realm and noble realm should be separated. She seemed nice and being someone from the underworld as a dragon-woman helped Leopold develop a respect for her.

Meanwhile, Leopold had never actually spoken to Leviathan and only knew him from the one time they met, at the speech. It was when Cinder had challenged Leopold and when Leviathan had been with her as Cinder's assistant. He didn't seem like someone who liked to get into many fights and was a very introverted person to say the least... "Still, he deals with Cinder on a daily basis, so he must be diligent. These Dragoness kids are quite impressive..."

Leopold could only watch their fight in awe...

Leviathan was a water magic user while his sister used Storm magic which combined fire, lightning, and water, putting Leviathan at a major disadvantage. Still, he must have trained his magic well since he was putting a good fight up against his powerful sister.

"I will beat you this time, Lilia!" he cried as he sent an enormous blast of water at her.

Lilia still easily dodged and frowned. "Still weak, little brother? You've never beaten me and never will... This is exactly why mother and father never showed you affection. You're still just a weak loser."

It had been like this all round. Leviathan would send an impressive attack from Leopold's view, however Lilia just threw it down every time and scolded her brother. "She seemed nice, but just like Ceil's brother she's a horrible sibling..."

Leviathan kept sending barrages of attacks, but none of them could even hit Lilia! She has more experience in battle and her magic was far superior... Leopold sighed. "This is already over..."

Still, even though Leopold didn't see a chance of the younger brother winning this fight, it seemed that he was one of the few... from the other side of the arena, waiting for her match, Cinder Kushida was yelling. 

"Go, Leviathan! You can do it!" she was screaming cheers for Leviathan, which was something Leopold had never witnessed her do for most people. 

"She must be a good leader and friend... I guess Cinder Kushida wasn't quite as bad a muscle as I originally guessed."

Lilia used a lightning attack and shoved Leviathan back, him hitting the wall with a hard thud. She sneered. "Pathetic. How in the world did I get stuck with such a useless brother anyway?"

Leviathan groaned. "S-Shut up! I will beat you!"

Lilia laughed. "You haven't landed one attack in an already 16 minutes! How do you expect to beat me now?! You should just give up and go back home. You aren't meant to be a hero!" She fired a blast of fire at the spot and hit hit Leviathan directly.

Cinder cried as she watched the scene. "LEVIATHAN!"

The smoke stood for a while as everyone watched the scene. Leopold had his eyes widened as he saw how it went down. "Just how bad of a sister is she?! Even Ceil's brother didn't sound like someone who would almost kill her just because she was weaker than him!"  Leopold gritted his teeth. "If she keeps this up then I may take her down a notch, even if it gets me disqualified from the rest of the tournament..."

Then, Leviathan emerged from the smoke, still standing! He had bruises and blood all over his body. Blood oozed from his mouth and he didn't look fit to continue fighting. Yet, he held his hand high and smiled. "You haven't beaten me, Lilia!"