Desertion 🖤

Author POV

Jungkook got up from his deep slumber, it was the great sleep he had after so many months. After that accident , they both didn't sleep well because of the thoughts and trauma, he was also concerned about her health so he used to get up in between the nights to see if she is fine because she used to have regular abdominal pain.

He stretched his arms and opened his eyes to see her face, as he used to do this daily , getting up and looking at her face made him happy but he frowned his eyebrows and squinted his eyes when he found the place beside him was empty.

He thought she must be in the bathroom but she usually got up after him, it's was 5 AM and he used to get up for his exercise session, at that time she was usually slept. But today she was not there, his heart clenched when he thought maybe he kept on sleeping while she was in pain and went inside the bathroom.

He immediately got up from bed and wore his boxers, he went towarde the bathroom to see her, he didn't hear anything, no shower , no tap opened, he knocked the door " Aien" He said after two knocks. " You okay? " He said again but his tension grew when he didn't get any response from her.

He opened the door to look for her, but lights were off so it was certain that she was not there. But if she is not there then where she can go , this early of the morning. She was never a morning person, she was an night owl so it takes her too much difficulties to get up early in the morning.

He went inside the closet, turned the lights on and took out a t shirt and sweatpants, wear them and went towards the door immediately to see where she went, his heart was beating fast but he some how kept his calm. He looked down the balcony before the door to see if she was in garden but she was not there too.

He huffed in disappointed and rubbed his temples in tension. He went towards the door to see if she was in living room or kitchen to have something to eat or drink.

He just  got to  open the door when his eyes caught a packet , a rose and letter kept on the coffee table across the couch. He slowly went towards it and looked at it as it was not their when he was sitting on couch at night.

He took the paper and in his hand his eyes widen watching the writing of the letter as it was of her. He licked his lips and gulped the lump of his throat as the bad thought started taking over his mind.

He took a deep breath and started reading the letter as his heart was sinking and he was totally getting impatient to read what she have written.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

" Dear Jungkook

If you are reading this, that means you are awake, good morning love, but today there will be a change as i will be not there when you wake up from your slumber, you will not see my face from now on. Don't worry about me i won't harm myself, i am just leaving you for your own good, please don't hate me and don't think i never loved you, i love you and forever love you,  you are my first and last love, after you i will never fall in love with anyone, i promise you that.

Jungkook, i knew i can't be a mother and this guilt was eating me from the day i got this news, you all tried to keep this news a secret from me so that i won't get hurt, but you never think about yourself, you became so selfless for me, you left the dream of being a father for me, how can you love me so unconditionally?

I never gave you any happiness but you were always there to pour all the happiness in my fate. You were like my shield from all the bad omens. Every moment we spend together is still on my mind and they are the best moment. I will forever be thankful that you make me feel what really love is. You loved someone who was unlovable, i will never forget you, even if i die my soul will remember you forever.