Chapter 18

-Yumiko's Pov-

It's been 4 days since my parents captured me and the Asahina family. The only thing was, they were fed properly. I on the other hand, was not. For them to be fed properly, they had to watch me be in pain and suffering. They refused at first, but I told them it was okay. At the end of everyday, my body was covered in bruises, burns, scratches, whip markings, and etc. The Asahina's watched everything. Every scream I let out. Every whimper. Every cry. Whenever I stared at them, they stared with hurt and sadness in their eyes. I just would smile at them with a weak, soft smile. Natsume though.. His eyes were filled with tears. It broke my heart. I started to realize I kind of fell in love with Natsume, but there was Iori too. I heard the door creak open. I looked to see a few people and Charles.

"Take the Asahina family to another room. NOW!" he said highly.

One by one, each left the room. The only person I didn't see was Wataru. I'm glad for that.

"Well, well, well darling. Now they won't see you in pain, but they will hear you scream," he laughed wickedly.

He grabbed his "toys" of pain and began the process.

-Pov ?-

"It's time to take down Charles and his group. ALSO. Make the Asahina family and Yumiko your top priority. Charles is mine. Understood?" said a voice.

"YES SIR!!!"

-Yumiko's Pov-

After all the torture was done. I laid down on the ground. My body was covered in more blood and dirt. My hair was dirty. My clothes were torn. I wanted to get out of this hell hole. I felt my eyes become droopy. I let the heavy darkness take over. 

"Come on!!" 

Said a voice that sound familiar. I felt my body being carried in someone's arms. I looked at their face, but my vision was a bit blurry and their voice sound was barely heard by my ears. I soon fell into darkness again.

"Get her into the unit 3!"

"She needs help!"

"She's bleeding too much!"

"Yumiko!!!!"

----------------------------------------

Beep... Beep... Beep...

That stupid beeping is really getting on my nerves. I carefully opened my eyes and looked the place I was in. It reeked of medicine and other chemicals. The blank white walls made me feel uncomfortable. I slowly sat up then heard someone come in. It was a lady.

"Hello, my name is Dr.Catina. How are you feeling Miss Rina?" asked the lady named Dr.Catina.

"Alright, I guess," I mumbled softly.

"Any pain, burning, stinging, dizziness, or nauseous?" she asked.

"Nope," I replied in monotone voice.

"Very well then. I will back to run some tests."

With that, she left the room to do her things.

I slowly got out of the bed and went towards the mirror. What I saw was horrifying. My entire body was covered in bruises, burn marks, whip marks, scratches, and holes. I noticed my light brown hair was a bit darker. My eyes carried somewhat of an emotion. The question was.. Who in the world saved us? Or who the hell is crazy enough to go up against Charles? I didn't heard the door open. As I turned around, I saw my best friend, Hiroshi.

"Yumiko," his eyes were filled with joy and happiness.

"HIROSHI!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and jumped on him. 

He caught me and hugged him.

"You're okay. I'm glad for that," he whispered.

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked angrily as I jumped off of him.

He stared at me nervously.

"Well.. You see... Here's the funny thing... I kind of work for a certain team that hunts for criminals," he laughed nervously. 

My blinked my eyes for a few times. Then I looked down at the floor.

"You're not the one who saved me, right?" I whispered.

"I am.."

"YOU IDIOT!! YOU COULD OF BEEN KILLED!" I yelled somewhat at him.

" I know, but you're my best friend. I failed to protect you. So I came to rescue you," he grumbled.

I whacked him in the head hard.

"BAKA!! You could of told me."

"Sorry Yumiko."

I hugged him tightly for a minute, until Dr.Catina came in again.

"Well everything seems to be in order, but I'm sorry to inform that scars will be left," she said sadly.

I sighed and nodded my head gently.

"Thank you."