SEVENTEEN ◦ Onward, Crazy Train

⋄∘∙♱⋄∘∙

⋄∘∙♱⋄∘∙

I WOKE UP WITH A JOLT, disoriented and overwhelmed by the new sensations that coursed through my body.  I found myself at a train station, the harsh lights casting an eerie glow on the deserted platform. Panic surged through me as I tried to piece together my surroundings. My senses were heightened, and every sound, every scent, felt too intense. Confusion, fear, and a sense of profound disorientation washed over me, and for a moment, I thought I was utterly alone. I felt lost in a place that was both unfamiliar and surreal.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I couldn't hold back my emotions. I began to cry, the overwhelming intensity of my situation leaving me raw and vulnerable. But then, through my blurred vision, I noticed a figure, a face I knew well. Damon stood a short distance away, his brow furrowed in concentration as he studied a map. I couldn't believe my eyes. Relief and a flood of emotions swept through me as I realized I wasn't alone.

"Damon," I called out, my voice shaky, as I hurried toward him. "What's going on? Where are we? How did we get here?"

Damon turned his head to look at me, concern etched on his face. "Easy there, Lana," he said soothingly. "You're going to be alright." He sat beside me, the paper map still pinched in-between his index, and his thumb.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart, and looked at Damon with a mixture of confusion and gratitude. "What happened? Where are we?"

Damon sighed, his expression sympathetic. "Stefan killed you, Lana. But somehow you had vampire blood in your system..." The realization hit me like a tidal wave, and I felt a mixture of shock and fear. Becoming a vampire was not something I had ever SERIOUSLY imagined for myself, and this change... well it was terrifying. Damon had talked me out of this, I didn't want this burden of vampirism. I was no better than my father.

Damon continued, his voice gentle but matter-of-fact. "We're at the train station because we're leaving Mystic Falls for a while. Stefan thought it would be best for you to have some time away from all of this, to adjust to your new life." I glanced at the other men around us, their clothing tattered, and dirty. We truly were on the run.

I mustered the courage to speak, my voice trembling with a newfound determination. "Damon, I appreciate your concern, but frankly, I don't give a damn what Stefan wants. I want to be at home with my family."

Damon's lips curled into a wry smile, and he chuckled softly. "Why, so you can eat them? Look, Lana, it wasn't Stefan's idea. It was mine. We're leaving Mystic Falls for your own good." As I sat there with Damon, I couldn't help but notice the way he looked at me—a mixture of concern, curiosity, and something deeper that I couldn't quite place. "Stefan went to see our father after we turned, angry and seeking to talking with him about how a father could plan his own sons deaths-"

"It was planned? Your death was planned?" My mind was a whirlwind of questions, and "what ifs" about the council. I felt completely, and utterly betrayed by my loved ones, the people that were supposed to keep me the safest.