Before long, the 6th pancake gets laid on top of the 5 others below it. I set the eggs in a corner of the tray and lay the soft bacon flat between the pancakes and eggs. I take the syrup bottle to the tray, laying it on the side next to the glass of milk. I put the butter square on the pancake top. Ponyboy likes soft bacon and plain milk.

"yaaayyy, Dally!" He exclaims, sitting against my headboard in one of my long sleeve shirts. Its big on him, so he makes paws with the long sleeves.

"nice shirt." I lay the tray down over his waist and he looks at it with happy eyes.

"I'm sorry about wearing your shirt, it's just so comfortable and it smells like your cologne-"

"No, no! Its ok! You look cute, that shirt is so big on ya' Pone."

He picks up his fork with his shirt paw and used his other to hold the syrup bottle upside down. It runs all over the pancakes and he pours some next to them to dip. He eats happily as I lay across the bed happily watching him. I rest my head on my hand. It's amazing to know something I did for him is bringing him joy.

"Dally, c'mere." He says, waving a fork with chunks of pancake on the end.

"oh, I'm ok, I made it all for you."

"Dally...." He pouts. Fuck. I couldn't take it when he pouted and did that thing with his eyes.

"alright..." I lean closer on the bed. He leans forward to feed me the pancake. He twists the fork in my mouth and slides it off my lip to make sure the syrup doesn't dribble on the bed.

We stare deeply at each other while this happens. Not in a lustful way, but more innocent. Adoringly.

"aww, I fed Dallas Winston pancakes. If anyone heard that they wouldn't believe it."

"yeah, well they also didn't believe I was gay, and here we are. I get to be with you all the time, make you mine, and nobody can say nothin' about us."

"Oh! I just remembered! My gift is at the house, when we get back, I have to show it to you!" he said excitedly, starting to eat faster.

"woah, woah there.... chew it up, Pone. I don't want you to choke. I can't wait, I'm excited to see what it is." I run my bent finger down the side of his cheek like earlier.

He nuzzles my finger, and goes back to his plate, washing down every few bites with a sip of the milk. All I want to do is watch him. I rest my head on the bed, watching attentively as we talk back and forth, laughing. Pretty soon, Pony is left with two pancakes, no bacon, and a little bit of the eggs left.

"I'm real sorry, babe. I don't know it I can finish-"

"It's alright, I'll eat em." I crawl up the bed to rest my back on the headboard like Pony and I start eating from the tray in front of him.

"Pone, are you gonna need any help standing up?" I chuckle.

"maybe.." He looks a little embarrassed.

"I'll go gentler next time, I'm sorry."

"oh, I don't care. It was totally worth it." He gives my eyes a glance and a grin, before I pull him closer and he leans his head on my shoulder. I felt like an old married couple already.

"Should we get ready for that surprise you're gonna give me?" I say, grabbing the tray.

"Yeah, we should. But we could just stay and cuddle...."

"I'll be right back, let me put this away at least."

"fine. But come right back!" he yells to the door as I hop of the bed with the tray.

I set it down on the kitchen counter and run back. I really did want to cuddle.

"wow, fast! I suppose you really wanted to cuddle..."

"nuh uh."

"yeah huh."

"nope." I tease and stick up my nose.

"yessss..." He trails on.

"noooo..." I mimic.

"Dallyyy..!" he gets impatient. I listen to his more serious tone and jump into the bed next to him. I pull him down so we can lay on the pillow. I hold his back to my chest gently, and he wraps a little arm around my big one.

I put my face in his neck and pucker to give him little pecks on the side of his neck. He just giggles, quiet enough that I know he's still tired.

"i love you Dallas. Thank you for breakfast. And for everything last night."

I just smile and lift my head to look down at his on the pillow. I crane my neck to kiss his cheek. His eyes close and the peaceful grin returns. full circle.

•••

{1440 words} Fluff chapters are some of my favorite to read, I hope you enjoy :) Love, Matty. Stay gold-