'You talked to Sloan....nothing bad happened.'

'Yet. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells to make sure shit doesn't hit the fan. It's just better this way if I'm quiet. I don't know. When I'm quiet, the world is too. And that's all I want. Is some fucking peace.'

I sighed deeply and I laid down on the couch, wrapping myself deeper into the blanket.

'Is it the silence bringing you peace? Or maybe it's Sloan?'

Fuck. How did I know he was going to say that? And truthfully I've wondered that myself. Both things happened at the same time. I went quiet and Sloan and I communicated for once and afterward it was quiet. There was no way to know without testing it out. But that would require either space from Sloan or me speaking. And neither of those options was appealing to me.

I ignored Tatty, no longer feeling up for a conversation. There were too many things happening at once, too many emotions I was feeling and I found myself getting overwhelmed. Also with the fact that I was getting cabin fever, I had no urge to go outside.

I was pulled from my thoughts as I heard Sloan's ringtone. Not just any ringtone though. It was Golden by Harry Styles. I had to hide my laugh as I saw Sloan walking down the stairs, sweats hanging low on his hips. And his chest was open and wet from the shower. Fucking hell. He was built.

I stood to my feet because who the fuck was calling us? He walked to the kitchen and grabbed his phone but his face fell. That can't be good.

"It's my dad." He said as he set it back down, letting it ring again.

That was one thing I noticed since Sloan was here. He never got on his phone. I never saw him texting or calling anyone. In some ways that eased me, but I wondered why he was doing that. I know he was close with his family, especially Florence. So him not talking to them seemed...strange.

I clapped gently to get his attention and he popped his head up and matched my gaze. I also was straining my eyes from trailing down to his chest. Even though I really wanted to. So badly.

'Answer.' I signed quickly. Knowing he wasn't because of me.

'You sure?' He signed back and I nodded and gave a small smile to try and ease him. He picked up the phone slowly but instead of putting it to his ear, he put it on speaker.

"Sloan? Sloan, you there?" Uncle Tino's voice coated the house and I could see on Sloan's face he missed him. I wonder what that's like. To be missed.

"Yeah, yeah I'm here." Sloan rested on his forearms now, leaning down and his arms bulged. Fuck. I snapped as quietly as I could to get his attention while Uncle Tino was sighing and yapping in excitement.

'Should I go upstairs?' I asked him, suddenly feeling like I was invading their privacy. Sloan shook his head and opened up his arm almost like he was he was calling me over. But I stayed still unsure of what he wanted.

He sighed and a playful smile appeared on his face. 'Come here.'

That's all it took before I was on my feet walking to him as fast as my feet could carry me. Once I was beside him he stood back to his height, and he slid his arm underneath the blanket but wrapped it around my waist pulling me into his side.

Oh fuck.

"Dolcezza, are you alright? Is Carter all right? Do you need anything at all?" Uncle Tino asked, I could almost see what his face would look like. His eyes are bigger than they already are. Hair strewn all over the place and offering to make us some pasta.

"We're alright Dad. Don't worry." I wanted to focus on the conversation but Sloan began to gently rub against the skin under his palm. Even though it was through a sweatshirt it still was sending electric shocks through me.