Chapter 30: Romeo's

Start from the beginning

"Really? Get lost Leo," Serena spat at him. He looked at her for a second before grunting in frustration and walking off.

I wanted to say something to Serena, but I actually didn't know what to say, "Thanks," I decided was the safest bet.

"Hey Alison, can I talk to you?" Lara interrupted, moving a little to the right so that Serena wouldn't be able to hear.

"Yeah?" I asked, the jar of sugar still in my hand. 

"Wanna go to lunch with me and Wesley?" She suggested while playing with her hands.

"Um...I don't think Serena would like that," I said flicking my eyes over to her and then back again.

"Oh c'mon, you cant live your whole life making Serena happy, I mean you spend lots of time with elizabeth," She stated.

"I don't spend my whole life making Serena happy," I snapped all of a sudden, it frustrated me when anybody implied that. I sighed, "Sorry."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that," She said starting to walk away to serve a large group of costumers.

I sighed, "Fine! I'll come," I said going back to work.

"Thanks," She shouted smiling, I smiled back.

"What did she want?" Serena asked, coming up to me.

I shrugged, "Nothing much! I'm just going to lunch with her," I stated, shrugging again.

"Okay, cool, can I come?" Serena asked.

I glanced at her side-ways, "Why?" I asked warily.

"Because I don't want Lara to think that I'm angry at her," Serena stated.

"I don't think that's the best idea," I said slowly.

"And why not?" Serena asked angrily, getting offended.

"Because, you're going to start a fight with her," I stated, knowing exactly how it would end.

"No, I wont," Serena insisted.

"Yes, you will," I replied.

"God! Why cant I just go?" Serena asked angrily.

"Because, I'm going to go and hang out with Lara and Wesley," I said, throwing my hands in the air, in exasperation.

"Do you two plan on working?" The manger said coming out. Great! Now the boss was angry.

"Sorry," I said and got back to work, serving chocolate cupcakes to table six. "Enjoy," I said before walking back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are we leaving now?" I asked Lara.

She nodded in reply, while I was waiting for her, the managers son came up to us, "You guys can take the rest of the day off," He said smiling at us.

"Thank you," I said, happy that I didn't have to go back to work, but he had already gone back. 

"So where are we going anyway?" I asked Lara.

"I thought we would go to Romeos, its a restaurant not too far away," She said while putting on her brown leather jacket.

"Are you sure Wesley will be okay with this?" I asked.

"Yeah, in fact he was really up for it, he thinks you're a really cool person," She replied.

"Bye Serena," I said when walking out of the door but she had her headphones in and didn't hear me.

"Wesley's car is just over there," She said, while walking in that direction.