SEQUEL - Chapter 51

So, hello. There are two things today. First of all we have a chapter. I have to say all of this is highly problematic and also toxic. Basically, there is a very nasty fight involved and a lot of angst, like a lot. It's not that long but I still hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think. Enjoy reading. 

And secondly, I have decided to make a short survey and I would love it if you guys could maybe check it out. It is anonymous and the results are only used to improve my writing. Pls feel free to answer as many questions as you want, you don't have to answer all of them, but there is also a request question, so if you ever wanted me to write something specific, you can let me know there. Here is the link and thank you very much in advance. I know it looks strange but I promise it's a google forms. I will post it again on my page as well. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegQLcTjtK3t9fC694PohvDCpm0jAXW7PNlI1jMHmLKOKLLIw/viewform

 Cheers. 

<><><>

They have strained their relationship over the years multiple times. Naturally, it would happen, they were too passionate to not say the wrong thing in a heated moment, or too protective of each other to not keep that one secret because it would just weigh the other one down with them if they would know. It was nothing bad, Joanna couldn't bring herself to see it as such.

Max and Joanna were both restless souls, she a bit more than him, always moving, always seeking something out. Looking for a new challenge, a new adventure, an opportunity to proof themselves. Too curious for their own good. It would have made other people crazy a long time ago, but since they were both like that, since they were moving in the same rhythm, they felt at ease together.

The Austrian liked to think of their relationship as a rubber band, it would take quite a bit pulling and pushing to tear them apart. It was in the nature of their relationship but sometimes, when stretched too much, they were risking it to snap. Tearing at the fabric of their relationship because it came so natural to them. They weren't people who were content imprisoned in the same static everyday life, they preferred motion, movement.

It was the petrol in their veins, her father would often say while Joanna was still nothing more than an annoying kid, unable to stay still for too long, always on her feet, her leg bouncing under the table when forced to sit down. People like her burned brighter than others ever would. They felt differently, their temper greater, their pain deeper. Too stubborn to apologise, to be the one seeking reconciliation first, it was as if the petrol in their veins doomed them too always be too fast. Missing the moment, living quicker, not stopping, never turning around and looking back.

Reaching out with her hand while her gaze was stuck on the ceiling over her head, Joanna waited the last moment, only for the ringing of the alarm clock sounding out which she stopped after a single ton. Joanna had been awake for a while now.

Taking a deep breath, she threw the blanket to the side before climbing out of bed. Her steps were silent on the cold floor, as she tiptoed through the room only to open the door as quietly as she could. Her path led her to the spare room, where Max was laying in bed, starring at the celling as well. Awake as the day. He turned his head to look at her as she quietly entered, his hands folded strangely stiff over the blanket that was covering his body up to his chest.

"Henry's still asleep?" She wondered, while moving through the room over to where Max had put the Moses basket the night before, after Henry had woken up for the third time in an very short period of time and Max had decided to take the boy with him, so Joanna would get at least an little bit of sleep, before repaying the favour a few hour later, but it never came to that. Henry had settled down and Joanna had slept all alone for the first time since she had gotten pregnant. Max had decided that he would share the room with his son rather than with his wife.