SEQUEL - Chapter 07

Alright, hello again. This time some racing action. I hope you enjoy it and I want to thank you guys again for the sweet comments. You're amazing!

<><><><><><><><><><>

Pushing herself into the seat, her outstretched hands were bracing against the steering wheel before she gently let go, her body relaxing again, also for the last time until the race would be over. Looking up, the lights over her head all turned red one after the other. Exhaling slowly Joanna waited until the lights turned off before stepping down on the throttle and pulling away. The sudden movement caused her medallion to moved forward before falling against her chest again as she had to break for the first corner.

Fastly checking her mirrors, Joanna saw Lewis but knew that he would be busy fighting Max off so she could pull away, the other cars following after her. Watching the fight between Lewis and Max in the mirrors Joanna had used the situation to pull away as much as she could before a safe gap was instal and she started to look after her tyres and control the race from there on.

For Joanna, that was about it. She had seen some car after pitting but Lewis and Max as well as Sebastian were too far off or still had to come in for fresh tyres, so her race was relatively boring until it wasn't.

Driving in front Joanna was confident until the radio came alive. Normally James let her be only telling her what she needed to know or what she had asked to be told, so the radio had been silent so far apart from a few sector times and updates on Lewis and Max behind her.

"Yellow flag, yellow flag. J, there are five cars standing at rascasse." James said while Joanna slowed down. She had no intention to drive into them, but they needed to get out of the way or Lewis and Max would close up to her and the gap she had managed to instal would be gone.

"Was it a crash? Is someone hurt?" The Austrian wanted to know, but James told her that they just wanted to enter the corner at the same time which caused a little traffic jam. Driving closer to that corner Joanna actually had to stop the car behind Charles, waiting for the people in front to settle their differences while Joanna saw Lewis and Max approach in her mirrors until they had to stop behind her as well.

"We need a parking sheriff or something, none of them wants to back off," Joanna told James, who laughed at her joke, before telling her just to be careful because they do think Verstappen would try to jump start both Mercedes now, but from Joanna's point of view that wasn't possible, there wasn't enough space to move at all.

Taking a moment to roll her shoulders and shake out her wrists, there was still no movements, but she could see Max as well as Lewis gesture at the drivers in front of them in the mirrors. Until one of the Williams backed off, causing movement in the field again, Joanna was directly behind Charles, who had used his opportunity and had driven past the four cars which had started the traffic jam, Joanna using the movement to follow Charles but fully to Mercedes disappointment, it was Max, who had taken the outer line, which now made Lewis stuck behind the Dutchman and Sebastian, who had also chosen the outer line.

"Alright, we lost Lewis due to the traffic jam. Verstappen and Vettel are now behind you." James informed her but Joanna couldn't care less who it was who was behind her. Max got a five-second penalty for an unsafe release or that's what she had seen on the monitors around the track. So as long as she would keep him behind her there was no need to worry about the Dutchman and Sebastian won't be able to attack her as long as there was still a Red Bull between the two of them.

"Understood. We're still on strategy A." Joanna answered, while pulling away from the Red Bull as good as she could even though she got informed that his tyres were still fresher and that going to the end with the set of tyres she had was more than difficult, but she would. There was no way she would pit now. They wouldn't only lose the victory but also the podium and she won't do that, not today, not for a safety stop.