SEQUEL - Chapter 18

So, surprise. Another chapter. This one is long and I hope you enjoy it. There is not much to say this time I guess. So enjoy reading and... 

Cheers! 

<><><>

25th June 2019 – AUSTRIA

Readying over the email Alain had sent her, she should have known that a day without drama wasn't something that would ever find her. Even though the day had started so good, Max coming with her to the baby check-up was a good feeling. The way he had protectively and carefully put the little picture of their baby boy into his wallet or all the worrying questions he had. Joanna felt safe when he was close to her and already missed having him by her side after he had to depart so he would arrive in Spielberg on time.

Scanning the words of the email again, Joanna still remembered the last visit she had paid to the FIA HQ a few weeks after her father had died and she had surely no interest in returning anytime soon as long as Nelson Piquet was still lurking around these halls and her personal office as it seemed.

She was on her way to the FIA HQ like every morning in the last few days to work through the mess which was her office desk and to sort out her father's personal affairs just as she was taking care of his work for now. So, mainly her day consisted of changing positions between the offices ever so often while trying to not forget anything and have everything under control.

Joanna was just on her way back to her own office when she noticed that her door was open. As far as she knew, the only other council member who was present at the moment was Nico, who's office was located directly opposite Joanna's office. He would have seen her walk down the office from his window, so there was no reason for him to wait in hers.

"Whatever it is, just get lost," Joanna said as soon as she entered her office, recognising Nelson Piquet right away, but she tried to ignore him while she walked over to her office chair and sat down. The documents she had to read before signing them were already in hand.

She just wanted to do her work, but she did exhale slowly, her fingers pinching the root of her nose before she looked at Nelson annoyed. The Brazilian was looking at her with a smug expression which made Joanna believe that violence was a solution for some things, nevertheless.

"Who's going to take your father's seat in the council?" He wanted to know which caused Joanna to lean back in her seat. They're getting bolder and bolder just as their illusion of power grew, at some point he'll realise that he's messing with the wrong woman.

"My father's seat is now mine to administrate. You will hear about my decision during the next meeting, just like all the other members." The Austrian explained calmly, not telling him that she would appoint her half-brother Matthias. Another Lauda in their council would do them good. Keeps the corrupt Brazilians in check.

"Your power in the council is fading. Don't you want an ally in me?" He asked her but Joanna wanted nothing from this man. She still didn't understand why Alain had appointed him in the first place. The Piquet were a bunch of blood-sucking insects in her opinion.

"Nelson, you have no power and neither do I. We're doing what's best for the world of motorsport." Leaning forward in her chair again, Joanna got a few of the documents about to restart working, as the man opposite her started to move.

"I want one of your seats and you will be a good girl and do as I tell you." Nelson pointed out as he got up from his seat and walked around the desk to stand right next to Joanna. He reached out to take a hold of Joanna's chin, blocking her chair with his foot so she couldn't move away.