Chapter 22

Hey! Guess who finally crawled out from under her stone? Yeah, it's me. I hope you like it and prepare for some more drama. Let me know what you think and happy reading

------------

Laying on her bed, Joanna listened to Kiwi babbling away on all the things she heard about the ball already, while the Aussie was running through the hotel room, searching for all the things Joanna would need tonight.

A loud knock on the door caused Joanna to open her eyes to see if Kiwi would move to open the door but the older woman was busy, trying her best to organize Joanna's make-up. Rolling her eyes, the Austrian got up from the bed to open the door of Andrew to storm inside.

"Never again leave me alone with the Italians." He said, putting the bags he was carrying on the floor before flopping down on Joanna's bed.

"Stop whining and move." The Austrian ordered before settling down on the bed as well, closing her eyes again. Kiwi still talked about the ball and all the amazing guests which would attend the gathering, before starting to talk about Joanna's dress and how dearly she wished she could come along, but the gathering was only for invited guests, so Joanna would have to survive a night without Kiwi or Andrew while being in a mad mood. 

---------

Exhaling slowly Joanna put on her media-trained smile, before driving up to the hotel entrance. Getting out of the car as gracefully as she could, she gave the man, her keys. The Ferrari she was driving matched her dress perfectly as if it was just a simple accessoires. Stepping onto the Red carpet, Joanna felt necked in a flurry of flashbulbs.

The Austrian knew that the lace of the top hid the most important parts, but the bracelet style just didn't provide comfort when she was photographed. Joanna felt like she wasn't dressed at all. The skirt of the dress was open on the left side almost all the way up to the hips, over which there was another layer of lace. it was a beautiful dress and on other occasions, she might have decided for it herself, but she simply felt like being sexy tonight. It showed even more how Ferrari saw her. 

Posing a little bit as the people behind the cameras asked her to, she was glad as she was finally allowed to step inside the hotel and was lead into a fulminant ballroom. It was such a beautiful place and all they would do is having the most boring ball ever in these halls. 

She regretted her decision to attend, even though none of the 20 drivers had a choice. Maybe she could have lied and said she didn't feel well enough after her accident, but Ferrari wouldn't care. They had Joanna to be seen on days just like today, hoping that the stunning Austrian would keep the sponsors happy and maybe attract a few more.

Joanna looked around the room glumly. It was full of identical-looking men in suits, half of whom she suspected she was supposed to know the names of but had never bothered to learn. Nobody here looked even halfway capable of having a good time, and even the glass of complimentary champagne that had been thrust into her hand as she walked in was unappealing.

This was not the Ferrari driver's first FIA ball, she was quite familiar with the procedure, so she knew she had enough time to get a proper drink at the bar before she had to join the table of Ferrari people. 

Wandering over to the bar, Joanna ordered a gin tonic, flirting a little bit with the barkeeper, so he would make sure there would be a drink in her hand for the rest of the night as well.

Searching for her usual group of people when going out, Joanna was disappointed that she had found none of her friends, only a group of young drivers. Carlos, Markus, Pascal, Hulk, and Max.