Chapter 14

Everything had been alright. Until Max's fucking phone when off. The Dutch didn't even look who called him, he just threw his right hand towards the nightstand and tried to find the stupid thing.

Without looking who it was he answered with a simple but displeased. "What?"

"So, I take it you're not in the simulator like you should be," Christian said matter-of-factly and Max was annoyed that his boss had caught him lazing around rather than working.

Normally the Dutch would be uncomfortable with this situation, but he couldn't care less at the moment. Joanna was sleeping with her head on his chest and her arm thrown across his middle. Safe and sound softly snoring into his ear. Which was annoying and adorable at the same time. He was just so comfortable, and Joanna was pleasant warm next to him.

"Well no," Max answered, still more asleep than awake. The Dutch sifted in bed to be comfortable again, his head resting on his pillow while he let the fingers of his free hand wander through Joanna's hair. Massaging her scalp softly.

"Care to explain why you're not in the sim?" Christian asked a little bit baffled, that Max didn't seem to care at all that he was not only caught but by him his boss. The only thing worse would have been if Doctor Marko would have caught him.

"We had a lay in today." The young Dutch simply answered. Pulling Joanna, a little bit higher on his chest from more warmth for both of them. Sharing his body heat with the Austrian wasn't something new. Not anymore. But it was definitely something good.

"Who's we?" Christian demanded to know, which finally woke Max up a little bit.

"Me, myself, and I?" He answered awkwardly, but Christian definitely knew that Max was bullshitting him right now. The snickering female voice, Christian heard wasn't helping either. The Red Bull team principal rolled his eyes. Of course, the young Dutch wasn't alone. He should have known. Ever since he drove for Red Bull, he showed up to work with love bites adorning his neck more often than not.

"Make sure you get some time in the simulator, Max. When your companion allows you to leave the bed." The Brit said before he ended the call the female voice had chuckled again, but suddenly it made Christian stop.

The way this woman laughed was somehow familiar to him. But he had no face to the laugh. He just hoped Max wasn't stupid enough to get involved with a married woman or a girlfriend from another driver.

Max threw his phone back on the nightstand, before bending over Joanna and starting to mouth at her throat in revenge.

"You little shit. He was so close to calling me out on my bullshit." He complained, as Joanna tried her best to protect her most ticklish parts while laughing her ass off. She was about to roll out of bed, but Max was fast to catch her, pulling her back so she could rest her head on his thins.

"That I heard. You're a bad liar, Verstappen." She managed to choke out, as soon as she had some air back in her lungs, causing Max just to bite at her throat some more. Trying her best to free herself Joanna climbed into Max's lap and tried to have her own revenge, but both stopped immediately, as their gaze met.

Max looked down at Joanna, she was just wearing one of his old Red Bull shirts and panties. Sitting on top of the sheets, while Max was below them. Her hands held together by his in front of them.

"I really need to get in some time in the sim." Max started quietly, after letting go of Joanna, but the Austrian just put her hands on Max's broad chest.

"You could use mine," Joanna whispered back, her lips hovering over his. The both of them knew that some hours in the Ferrari sim wouldn't help Max but Joanna was so close Max could feel her breath on his skin, raising goosebumps down his neck and on his arms.