Chapter 41

Surprise, surprise. A new chapter. I hope you enjoy it. 

---------

Funnily enough most of the people were straight-up ignoring that Mark carried a bundle of squirming and cursing blankets through the hotel halls. Thankfully Joanna was fully covered, so there was no way a reporter would recognize what or rather who Mark was carrying to a car, despite the rather loud cursing.

One of the employees from the parking service was fast to open the door of Joanna's Ferrari with a questioning expression on his face, but Kiwi simply smiled at him apologizing. Andrew had an uncomfortable expression on his face as well, but not because of the fact that Mark Webber was carrying Joanna in a bundle of blankets, but because it was him, who had to drive the Ferrari. This car was worth more than he earned in a year. 

Kiwi got into the passenger seat and Mark with the blankets and Joanna into the backseat. Andrew was speeding down the streets, so they would arrive on time, while Joanna pushed the blanket away only to glare at Mark, before swatting his arm away. 

"What on earth do you think you're doing? Have you fucking lost it? I won't allow you to treat me like beg of dirty laundry!" She yelled at him, but Mark only caught her wrists and pulled her towards him.

"Stop being a bitch. Do you know how many people would love to do your job? Get it fucking together." He yelled back, which caused Joanna to free her arms from him before crossing them over her chest and looking out of the window instead of looking at Mark. She wasn't in the mood to talk to him. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody. Maybe her uncle Alain but he was at home in France right now, so Prost wasn't here to calm her down either.

"I don't need you. Why are you here?" She wanted to know after a few minutes in which Kiwi had handed her some breakfast which she surely wouldn't eat.

"Why is he here?" She asked Kiwi as Mark didn't answer fast enough for the Austrian's taste, but before the female Aussie could even open his mouth Mark had already replied. 

"Because I seem to be the only one, who knows how to handle you when you behave like an ungrateful bitch." He told her sternly, before rolling his eyes. 

"I hate you," Joanna said simply, as Mark eyes her playing with the little beg which was resting on her lap. Mark took the breakfast bag from her and opened it only to push the apple right into her face. Ignoring her, Mark grumbled under his breath how difficult she could be, before making her take the fruit.

"I should get paid for this." He muttered under his breath while the Austrian finally chewed on the apple.

"I didn't ask you to be here. If I would want a man who treats me like shit and patronizes me, I would have married a long time ago." The Austrian shot back, while Mark gathered the blanket into his arms and threw it behind them. Leaving Joanna in her knickers and the Ferrari shirt, but Joanna wasn't really bothered by that but Kiwi was, so the younger Aussie handed the rucksack to Mark, who looked at her through the mirror, causing Joanna to roll her eyes, before unzipping her beg and getting the pair of shorts which Kiwi had put inside before they left the hotel room.

Holding the apple with only her teeth Andrew slowed a little bit down while Joanna stood up as good as she could and stepped into the shorts, before pulling them up.

"Don't look at her." Kiwi scolded Mark, which caused the older Aussie, to throw her an unimpressed look. He had seen so much more of that woman over the years. Seeing her in underwear wasn't doing things to him any longer, or so he told himself.

Joanna was seated again only to search her beg for a bra, but she came up with nothing. Seemed like she would have to do with her oversize shirt until she could change into the race suit.