<><><><>

Pictures went better than good. Better than perfect. They were so amazing. I looked amazing and our new uniforms are so tuff.

I was changing into clean clothes out of my locker when dad called.

I was expecting a lecture for something but it was nothing of the sort.

"Hello Natalie." His distant voice came over the phone.

I slid my left sock on and held the phone between my shoulder and ear so I could tie the laces of the shoe, "Hi Dad." I would call him Julius just to be rebellious a bit but in fear of him killing me, I stick to Dad.

"I am flying straight to Denver this evening so I won't be able to stop home. Melly is staying with Mrs Myers for the weekend. I sent money to your account for this weekend, use it wisely."

"Thanks for letting me know, Dad."

"Of course. Bye." He hung up.

I sighed and finished putting on my shoes.

At least my weekend is free now.

"Hey Nat..?" Allison sat down in front of me, her perfectly done hair now in a messy bun and her makeup was gone.

Her face said it all.

I jumped up and grabbed my backpack, "So I was gonna get Zestos on the way to my friends place, you want some?" I looked at her.

She shrugged, "No money."

I patted her shoulder and pulled her towards the exit door, "I never said you had to pay, silly."

We went to Zestos. Then I pulled into her driveway. Her mom came out and thanked me because her car ran out of gas sitting in the driveway and her dad isn't off work until 9. I offered to get gas but she waved me off.

The ride to Scarlett's house was mixed with 3 different playlists before I finally settled on just listening to Evermore by Taylor Swift. Probably her most underrated album.

I parked my car in front of Scarlett's garage door and knocked.

Chip opened it. "Ew." He shut the door in my face. There was yelling inside and he opened it again. "You know she's only friends with you because she knows I hate you." He glared at me, "Everyone knows you're just a freak with a shitty home life."

"Go suck your boyfriend's dick, Jonathan." Angelina slapped the side of his head and pulled me into the house, "Ignore him." She glared at him as we walked towards the stairs, "He's mad because Ruby broke up with him. Dylan is over right now."

Chip glared at her.

We walked up the stairs and into Scarlett's room. Angie smiled at me, "She's in the shower and will be right out." Then she walked out.

I shrugged and set my bag on the edge of her bed and set my shoes next to my other ones in her closet.

I heard the shower running when I went in and out of the huge closet.

I stopped my mind before it could come up with anything about Scarlett involving a shower.

I sat on her bed and scrolled through TikTok before she finally came out of the bathroom. She had pajamas on but her hair was down and it was wet. Something about Scarlett wearing a tank top, loose nike shorts, and wet hair.

I sat up and put my phone down on the bed.

She smiled at me and sat next to me, "I wish someone told me you got here."

I shrugged, "Chip let me in." I wiggled my eyebrows, ignoring what he said on the way in. Because it's not true. It can't be true.

She looked between my eyes, "How were pictures?"