𝟒𝟗 || 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

We have never talked about this. Hell, we've been together for less than 2 weeks, how am I supposed to break the news to him that he's going to be a father? If he leaves me? Worse, if he makes me get rid of it or kill us both?

Minutes passed, and my thoughts were pressing my head so hard it felt like it might explode.

I knew the time was up, because I stared at the wall for the last 20 minutes, shaking like a psychopath. I have to do this. Don't be a pussy, Allyn.

I gathered strength and with shaking legs I walked to the bathroom, picking up the test pick up the test with my heart beating in my ears like crazy.

Positive.

I stared at it like an idiot, without blinking or moving. My heart dropped and I felt like I was close to fainting.
I dropped down to the ground with the test in my hand, completely shocked.

I'm pregnant. I'm carrying Maddox King's child.

When the evening came It felt colder than usual

When the evening came It felt colder than usual. The sky was dark, getting ready for a big storm.

And yet it won't be half as strong as the storm that rages inside me.

The last few hours were hard. Horrible even.

I gathered more strength once I saw Maddox walk through the front door, slamming it shut. I didn't even realize I was sitting there waiting for him until now.

When he looked up and his eyes met mine, I didn't see that warm spark or his beautiful smile as usual, but darkness and rage intertwined in his eyes. My body tensed.

I didn't even realize I was holding my stomach like an idiot with one hand, staring at him. What the fuck is wrong with me? Was I really going to tell him? Do I want to tell him?

No, but he has every right to know, and even with the risk of him hating me after this conversation, I have to say it out loud.

"Maddox, can we talk?" my voice was soft as a whisper, but Maddox passed through me like a storm cloud, not giving me a second glance.

"Not now, Allyn" he was cold, distant, angry. I can feel it in his voice. I swallowed hard.

''It's important'' I said, walking behind him with big steps so I could catch up with him, but he didn't stop even for a second. I could see his back, even through the suit I could tell he was tense, breathing heavily.

''It can wait''

"No, it can't wait" I called out loud, grabbing his arm to make him turn and look at me and once I got his cold gaze on me I almost regretted it. His eyes as dark as death locked on me, his jaw tightening "We need to talk"

His eyes pierced me, looking down at my face. "Your father is holding my sister captive. He sent me a nice little video of him fucking torturing her. He wants to meet me, otherwise, Lydia will die.''

My face dropped and reality slapped me across the face.

"So, I'm fucking sorry Allyn but I don't have time for pointless conversation right now" he said in a low voice, removing his hand from my grip "I have to save my sister"

'I am coming with you''

"What?" He said fast "No! It's not safe, he's a fucking monster, Allyn!"

"You're talking about my father Maddox, I know that." I replied almost immediately and he stayed silent "I also know I'm his only weakness and your best chance to save Lydia" I hissed at him and he clenched his jaw, knowing I was right.

I wished I wasn't right. I wish I could go back to those carefree nights spent with Maddox, laughing in our bed after we made love lost in our own little world.

But that's not us and it will never be. We are not destined for this.

There is no place for happiness in the world we choose to live in.

Not while we are still breathing.