𝟒𝟗 || 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

What does a man like Maddox King know about love? He knows about fucking, torturing, killing people but not loving them.

So I pushed that thought away. We are in a good place right now, I don't want to ruin everything and push him away by saying these three words. We are good, I'm good.  He cares about me and that's enough.

He even cooked dinner for us yesterday. He did it with his own hands. Yes, it was a simple mac and cheese but he knows it's my favorite and just thinking that a  powerful man like Maddox took time off torturing people to google how to make mac and cheese is melting my heart.

I heard a soft knock on the door that brought me back to reality. I didn't know I was smiling until now.

"Come in" I said loud enough for the person on the other side to hear as I sat in front of the mirror, brushing my hair. When the door opened, I turned my head that way and saw one of Maddox's servants walk in and I smiled warmly in response. Her name is Betty and she's a lovely woman in her forties.

''I'm sorry for interrupting, Miss Romano''

"You're not, Betty. Don't worry please " I replied in a soft voice standing up from the chair and giving her my full attention. She met my gaze briefly but quickly lowered it, pulling something out of her pocket and handing it to me.

"As you requested miss"

I looked down at the small box she held out to me in her hand, blinking slowly before I took it with shaking hands.

"You didn't tell anyone about this, right?" I asked her in a soft voice and she quickly shook her head almost as if she was afraid of me.

"No miss, no one saw me when I went to buy it"

I sighed in relief "Thank you, Betty. I appreciate it" I smiled, before hugging her and she froze in place not knowing how to react. ''I owe you''

After a few seconds I pulled back and looked at her with a smile, but she just nodded. She was too scared and just like everyone else's who works for Maddox.

I set free Betty and as soon as she left the room and I was alone, I turned my attention to the white box in my hand.

I can feel my hand shaking, gripping the box, my whole body feels warm right now. I turned it around seeing "pregnancy test" written on it and my saliva stuck in my throat.

Even more so because Maddox doesn't know about it. He doesn't know that I've already vomited several times for no reason or that my body is changing and I can feel it.

Maybe it's all paranoia, maybe it's just in my head, but I had to be sure. That's why I asked Betty to buy a pregnancy test and bring it to me when I knew Maddox wouldn't be in the house.

It feels like I'm walking walked around the room for 10 minutes with the test in my hand thinking about everything until I finally got the strength to do it. Hundreds of thoughts went through my head while I was doing it and as soon as I finished I just left it in the bathroom and quickly got out of it as if I just saw a ghost. My heart was beating so fast against my chest, it might as well explode.

I sat on the bed, hands in my lap and my heart down in my feet with thousands of scenarios playing out in my head.

What if it's positive? What do I do then? How do I tell Maddox?