Like a moth to the flame (Kdb x Courtois)

Start from the beginning

All in all, Kevin's thoughts are enclosed within a boundary where everything is simply about Chelsea and his professional football career finally hitting it's start mark.

His hopes are high and he certainly isn't looking forward to letting any of his new team mates down just yet.

He wants to prove that he's worthy of his newly attained position in which all his blood, sweat and tears and countless hours of pain were used to get himself here.

He just wants them to accept him into their first eleven. That's all he wants now, as a fully grown adult, with barely any wishes disproportionate to that of the desires of an adult the same age as him.

Kevin is simply too good for the world; a land that he was never supposed to step on and breathe the same air as that of the other filthy humans like his parents.

---

It had been off season a few days ago, and Kevin had come back to Belgium an excited man, waiting to see his girlfriend that he's always loved to the moon and back; whom he'd do countless crazy things for, because to him, she's the most beautiful girl he's ever laid eyes on, and ever since, he has vowed to cherish her until he's earned enough money to buy themselves a large house and a beautiful ring that'd adorn her finger as that of Kevin's.

But he hadn't known that an unfortunate news was awaiting him at his doors.

Kevin's girlfriend, Caroline, had cheated on him.

His mother had already warned him of the model's intention of feeding her own desires through his earning but he'd turned a deaf ear instead. He couldn't resist the beauty that she's blessed with, and failed to see beyond the affection. He had treated her with the gifts that she didn't need and over-prioritized her, never realizing that that whenever he'd be gone, she'd be enjoying herself in someone else's arms whilst using his money.

Instead of bursting into a fit of outrage, his eyes began to water from the scene. He felt a tug at his heartstring and felt the air pressing down on him as if two large elephants had replaced the air above and around him. The space that he had kept empty in his soul reserved for her and only her began to fill in with melancholy and guilt.

For the first few seconds, there were only doubts that polluted his head saying: you didn't treat her well enough, so she left you. And more thoughts like: you never deserved her anyway, so let her go. With every thought, a piece of his heart shattered into microscopic pieces that would be near to impossible to put back together.

But the next second he sees the man lying beside her and the sheathe of guilt and sadness fades to ashes which soon ignites and bursts into flames, pushing the blood in his veins further until a vein in his neck seemed to pop out. His fingers curled into a fist and his face turned redder than it naturally is, making the anger more evident, while the tears spilled down his cheeks and seep through the carpet beneathe.

There Caroline was, lying with his fellow team mate that gave off an impression of a trustworthy friend on and off pitch: Thibaut Courtois.

He couldn't recover from the aftershock  of everything. His mind wasn't at all ready to register the whole thing and wash it down and forget it like it never happened. He had loved her more than anything, and had plans to ask her parents for their daughter's hand in marriage. But that, too, got shattered.

The aftershocks didn't only leave his mental health to deteriorate, but also give him just as equal pain physically. His face and eyes heart from crying all night long, and his body was stiff from barely moving in days, while his stomach grumbled and yet he refused to get up and eat, which reached the extent where he forgot to shower for 2 days.