Chapter 36 || Scared

Start from the beginning

"yes..." she whispers, never looking up and taehyung pulls away with a firm nod.

"next time you ignore my call. i'm gonna fucking track you down, then see how your master plans work on me." he scoffs, walking to the door, "i'm taking jihun with me."

jiah's eyes widen at that and she rushes out, pushing the covers aside, following taehyung out of her room. the toddler is busy driving around the living room in his new car that his daddy got him. he smiles at jiah, waving at her, unaware of the mess she's going through right now. she lifts him up quickly, hugging him close to her chest and steps away from taehyung, "no... go wherever you wanna go. you're not taking my son." she declares, sniffling on the toddler's shoulder.

"i'm not playing around, jiah. you've done enough. now i'm taking him with me. you can still meet him whenever you want."

"no!" jiah shouts at him, pushing taehyung away when he tries to take jihun from her. "stay away. he's my son, he'll stay with me!"

"just look at yourself. i'm trying to help you, alright? you fucking reek of alcohol from last night and you want jihun to stay with you in this condition? don't be ridiculous."

"no, i don't know all that. he's not going anywhere..." jiah gulps in a sob, sitting down on the couch and kisses jihun, forcing a smile for him, "my baby. you— you wanna stay with mamma, right? you're mamma's boy. don't worry i— i'll do something, okay? i'll make everything okay..." she trails off, fighting back her tears and keeps holding him with trembling hands. "you'll stay with me, jihun. don't worry."

"daddy," jihun mumbles, staring at taehyung who smiles at the toddler, taking him from the mother despite her crying and begging him to stop.

she falls on her knees, holding the fabric of taehyung's trousers with a weak grip, telling him not to take her son away, "please, taehyung... i— i'll do whatever you say... don't take jihun from me... he's all i have. i'm—i'm sorry for everything, i'm sorry... i won't do it again, just don't take jihun anywhere. i can't live without my son..." she stares at him with bloodshot eyes, sobbing with endless tears.

taehyung sighs at the sight and crouches down, letting jihun go back to her and cups her face, wiping off the tears that he caused. "shh, don't cry. i don't want anything from you, just be responsible. take care of yourself and our son. i want him to have a good life. i don't enjoy taking him away from you either, baby. so, let's just try to work on getting better, yeah?" he says softly, not even sure jiah's listening or not for she's more busy hugging jihun tightly. "i know you can't live without him. that's why he's the only one who can help me..." he sighs, hugging jiah and rubs her back, consoling her for he knows that she needs it after so much crying.

"don't take jihun away..." jiah mumbles.

"i'm not." he assures. "are you gonna be good while i'm at work?" jiah looks down, licking her dry lips and nods slowly, rubbing her eyes, "perfect. we'll go out later, okay? and remember, you don't have to be scared of me. i'm never going to hurt you no matter how much you test my patience."

jiah stays quiet, holding jihun still but lets go when taehyung asks her to, saying that he wants to give jihun a goodbye hug. to her fear the toddler giggles, hugging him and even gives him a kiss like he always does to jiah. but taehyung lets him down again just as soon as ge took him, and stands up with jiah. he smiles at softly and wipes off the remaining tears from her face, "i'm sorry for making you cry. uh y'know what? you can unblock your friends, they must be worried about you. it's been a week, right? talk to them, go out with them, do whatever you want just make sure you're safe. you have no idea how worried i was last night. and lastly, behave yourself. bye, see you later." he says, patting her side before finally heading out.