Chapter 17: Meeting Before the Brawl

Austin and I have been training for the past couple of days and growing closer and closer. I would comfortably say we have mastered all the weapons that our supervisor could show us and today is the day we know the match ups. I've learned that I was right, Brandon made it through as the second ice magic user. I don't know about the others but it's now time to meet in an arena on campus, to see who is matched up and get all the stats we can on our opponents. Austin and I walk in and we see everyone that has been chosen. In the center of the arena is a long table set up with seven chairs, and seated in one of those chairs is my professor. I assume in the other chairs is the other element magic professors. Standing at the side I see four individuals sitting in chairs directly to the side, and in one of those chairs is our supervisor of the assassin fighting style.

Austin looks at me, "so are you nervous? I mean we are getting stats and info on our opponents before the competition. The only downside is we only have one day to basically memorize all of the information." I smirk at him, "that's plenty of time. I'm nervous to see how many teams are like ours, because those are the ones to watch out for." He nods as the intercom from the arena chimes. "Aww it's nice that everyone could make it today. As all of you know, you've been chosen to do battle in order to show what you got to the deities of element magic. This competition is only the first part of said competition. None of you saw that one coming for a good reason. Today we are simply gonna register teams, or in some cases confirm them. Once all of you have done so we will give you a small file with all of the info we are capable of giving each opponent. Now please approach the table in line with your professor in order to get this done even faster." I look to Austin, "well let's get this done, and meet up here as soon as we are." He nods as we walk over to our designated professor.

Brandon and I walk to the professor and I'm first. "Ah Mr. Snow, I'm pretty sure of your answer." I nod, "yes I'm still partnered with the same person." He nods, "good that's all I need and good luck. I know you will do great things." I nod to him then walk back to mine and Austin's meeting place. He shows up only a moment later. He looks at me, "so all we have to do is wait just a moment." I nod then only a second goes by that the intercom chimes again. "Alright we have all the info we can release so please return to your professor and retrieve the folder." We do as it says and once again I'm first. I get the folder then make my way back to Austin. The intercom then says, "that is all, you may do as you please for the rest of the day, and tomorrow the battles begin."

Austin and I make our way out of the arena without opening our folder. We walk directly to the training area where we sit on the grass. "Ok so let's open it up and then look at all of the info. Austin nods as we then decide to open up our folders and cautiously look at every little detail. On the first page is a rules list of tomorrow's competition. It's really simple, 'all competitors must wear their designated uniforms given to you by your supervisors. All competitors be advised that not only are you going to be watched by the deities, but all of your peers, professors, and your families.' I look to Austin at the read of the last one, "wait our families are gonna be there to?" He nods, "yeah I'm not so happy about that one either." I grit my teeth for a moment then smile, "you know what, I can't wait to show them that they underestimated me." He nods, "you know what me to." I smirk so let's get to the most important stuff.