Chapter 3: My Roommate

I stand at the door of my new dorm, nervous to meet the very soul that lies behind that door. I take a deep breath and put my key in the keyhole and unlock the door. I slowly open the door and slowly drag my things inside. I look around and don't see anyone anywhere. "Huh I guess he's not home yet." I begin to walk up to a bed and the first thing I notice the color of the bedding. "Why is it red? The color of my crest is baby blue." I stand there confused for a moment when I hear a noise come from one of the connected rooms.

I look to the door and see a bobcat anthro walking in through the door and wearing only a towel covering his bottom half. My face goes even redder than the bed sheets on that bed. He looks at me a bit confused as he then says, "why are your things at my bed?" I quickly put my paws up, "I'm so sorry I didn't know, I thought I was alone and I tried to get settled." The bobcat laughs, "dude chill I'm just messing with you. They told me that I was getting a roommate today." I scratch the back of my ear mildly irritated that he did that to me.

"So your Darius right?" I nod, "yep and your Austin, and hey you look familiar." He looks at me a little confused and I do the same for a moment till it hits me. "Wait your Austin the fire user on FurTube." He looks at me a little surprised, "oh you watched my video?" I nod, "actually I watched it today before my magic came." He smiles, "oh well happy birthday." I nod then look down, "so where's my bed?" He is a bit thrown off but he points across the room.

I walk over to the little area that is decorated in baby blue. I sit my things down on the bed and begin to unpack. I don't really want to talk about my parents or sister right now, all I want is to just put my things up and focus on catching up on my new school work. I pick up a book on the little desk in the corner and begin to read what I missed in classes.

As I sit and read and study what I missed in class, Austin speaks up. "Sorry if I brought up a hard subject. I didn't mean to make you mad or upset." I take a deep breath, "it' s not you it's my home life. I just don't want to talk about it yet." He nods then says, "well after you study up I can take you on a tour of the school's campus. I smile, "I would love that Austin, and thank you for not prying about my problems." He nods then says, "no problem I gotcha bro." I nod then get back to studying up on all that I missed.

After a few minutes, get a good grasp on all the materials. It's basically a lesson on the duties of the magical, which everyone should know by now. It's to destroy the black heart. It's told that the black heart was created by the spirits of corrupted people that manipulated their own magic into dark element magic. Austin pokes his head around the corner and says, "are you ready?" I nod then get off my chair and start to follow him to the door. "Uhm Darius you're forgetting something." He gestures to my closet, "you might need to put on your school uniform." I nod then run back to my room to change out into my uniform.

I pull on the jacket and quickly see a baby blue and black design on my uniform. The little crest on the chest of the jacket, it's just like the one on the baby blue building. I smile at the sight of the little snowflake. I start to walk out of my room when I see a little light blue bandana. I smile at it and decide to tie it around my neck for a bit of extra flare. I walk back out to Austin and when he sees me his eyes widen a bit. "Dang you look amazing in your uniform."

I blush a bit then say, "aww thank I thought it might look a little silly with the bandana." He smiles, "not at all it actually make you look even cuter." I blush even harder as I say, "really you think I'm cute." He shakes his head, "oh I'm sorry I meant to say something else, cute just kinda slipped our." I smile, "oh ok, sorry for reading to much into that." I chuckle a bit then walk out the door, "now come on that tour isn't gonna start itself." He chuckles along with me then darts out the door in close pursuit of me.